NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- FOR LIME SLICES: Melt 2 oz. Premium Extra Clear Soap Base in a plastic beaker. Add (1) 0.15 ml micro size scoop of Lime Green Mojito Mica Powder and (1) 0.15 ml micro size scoop of Sliced Green Kiwi Mica Powder and mix well. If the micas clump, heat soap a little hotter to disperse the color.
- Add ½ ml lime essential oil and stir.
- Place the Citrus Small Round Soap Mold on a jelly roll pan or cookie sheet to give it stability if the mold needs to be moved. Pour the green soap into each round cavity filling to the 2nd line inside the citrus slice. Spritz the top of the soap with alcohol to release any surface bubbles. Set mold aside to let soap harden. Save remaining soap for a later step.
- To remove lime slices easily from plastic mold, pour warm water into the bottom of a jelly roll pan or cookie sheet and place mold into the pan. Be sure the soap cavities are sitting in the warm water. After about 5 minutes remove plastic tray from water. Turn over onto a flat surface and gently push soap out of each cavity. If the soap does not release place, into warm water for another 5 minutes. Once lime slices are removed, set aside for later.
- FOR ICE CUBES: Melt 8 oz. of Premium Extra Clear Soap Base. Add (1) 0.15 ml micro size scoop of Shimmering White Clouds Mica Powder and stir well to incorporate. Pour soap into Guest Loaf Silicone Mold 1502, spritz with alcohol and let harden.
- Remove soap from guest loaf mold. Cut up into smaller "ice cubes". Each round mold will hold 1 oz. of ice cubes.
- FOR GLASSES OF MARGARITA: For the glass part of the soap, we used the 2.75" Bath Bomb Ball Molds. We placed each mold half into a narrow shoebox so they did not tilt while pouring soap into them. The Crafter's Choice® Regular Loaf Mold 1501 also works well.
- In a large glass measuring cup melt 20 oz. of Premium Extra Clear Soap Base. Add (5) 0.15 ml micro size scoops of Lime Green Mojito Mica Powder and mix well with a wire whisk.
- Add 0.20 oz. (6 ml) lime essential oil and blend in.
- While soap is cooling, place 1 oz. of "ice cubes" into each round bath bomb mold half.
- Melt beaker of dark green soap that was leftover from making the limes.
- When the light green soap has cooled down to about 125°F, spritz ice cubes with alcohol and pour light green soap from measuring cup of soap over ice cubes in each mold. Drizzle a small amount of dark green soap from beaker over top of each soap. This will add a little darker color to the margarita.
- Let soap set slightly, then spritz the lime slices with alcohol and place a slice into each "glass". If the soap is still too liquid, it will fall over. The slice can also be propped up between a few ice cubes to keep it standing straight up. If a skin forms over the top of soap, take your soap cutter and make a small cut into the soap. Then place the slice into that cut.
- Let soaps set up until completely hard. These can also be put into the fridge for about 30 minutes. When completely set up, remove from molds. Carefully push on bottom of mold. You will see the soap begin to release. Continue pushing until soap releases completely from mold.
- Melt remaining 2 oz. of clear soap in a plastic beaker. Spritz the top of each "glass" with alcohol and drizzle a small amount of melted soap around the rim of the soap. Sprinkle a small amount of European Spa Salt onto the clear melted soap. Continue until all soaps have salt sprinkled on them. Let set up.
- To package, wrap in plastic wrap or place in a cello bag and tie with bright ribbon.
- Label soap accordingly and be sure to add the warning "Do Not Ingest - For External Use Only".