RECIPE: Glittery Party Cupcakes MP Soap
These adorable soaps will add a special touch to any occasion.
Project Level: Moderate
Estimated Time: 1 Hour
Yield: 12 Cupcakes
INCI Ingredient Label: Glycerin, Water, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium Cocoate, Sorbitol, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Stearate, Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate, Goats Milk, Stearic Acid, Sodium Chloride, Diazolidinyl Urea (and) Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Titanium Dioxide, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Polyurethane 33, Acrylates Copolymer
- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron and workspace.
- Lay out 12 silicone cupcake liners on a cookie sheet. Or, if available, place in a regular metal cupcake tin to give the silicone molds more stability when pouring.
- Weigh 3 lb. of Extra Clear soap base. Cut up into chunks and place in large glass measuring cup.
- Place in microwave and heat until soap has melted. Start at 1 minute. Remove and stir. Then continue heating at 30 second intervals until all the soap has melted.
- Measure out 1 teaspoon of Sparkle Dark Gold Mica Powder and mix into the melted clear soap. Stir until the color is completely blended in.
- Place a small glass container on your scale and tare. Weigh 1.5 oz. of fragrance oil and add to melted soap. Stir well.
- Pour soap into all 12 cupcake liners. Spritz top of soaps with alcohol to release any surface bubbles. Let soap set up.
- Remelt remaining gold soap in microwave until melted. Add 1 oz. of liquid glycerin, stir and pour soap into a jelly roll pan.
- When this soap has hardened, use the middle star cutter to cut out 12 stars for the top of the cupcakes. Starting at one end, gently pull the surrounding soap up and the stars should remain on the pan. Using a spatula, lift stars off jelly roll pan and set aside.
- Save extra soap for another project or to make extra cupcakes.
- When cupcakes have completely hardened, carefully remove from silicone liners. Place soap cupcakes on a cookie sheet and set aside.
- FOR FROSTING:
- Weigh and cut up 1 lb. of Detergent Free Goat Milk soap base. Place in glass measuring cup.
- Place in microwave and heat until soap has melted. Remove and stir to be sure there are no unmelted soap chunks.
- Weigh the 3 oz. of shea butter and place in a bowl. On half power, melt butter in microwave until completely liquid.
- Pour melted shea butter into the melted soap and stir.
- Add the entire 1 lb. container of the Foaming Bath Whip. Gently stir bath whip in the warm liquid. It will start to soften up slightly.
- If the shea butter starts to harden up, place back in microwave and heat until it melts again. If shea butter is not completely melted, the frosting will not harden properly.
- Using a hand mixer, begin to mix the entire mixture. Continue until mixture just starts to thicken slightly.
- Add 2 oz. of glycerin and 1 oz. of fragrance oil.
- Continue to mix until frosting becomes thicker, but not like marshmallow.
- Immediately put frosting in a pastry bag with decorating tip, a Decorator Pro or other type of cake decorating tube.
- Pipe frosting onto cupcakes. Sprinkle glitter of choice onto frosting and top with a star. Continue until all 12 cupcakes are finished.
- Frosting will take about 24 hours to completely harden up so it can be packaged.
- If selling, be sure to label soap according to FDA guidelines.
Wholesale Supplies Plus is not responsible for the products you create
from our supplies. You alone are responsible for product and recipe
testing to ensure compatibility and safety.