- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- Place round and square silicone molds on cookie sheet. This will give mold stability if it needs to be moved.
- Weigh 11 oz. of clear soap and cut into chunks. Place in glass measuring cup.
- Remove 1 black soap color cube from the clamshell. Cut in half and place both halves in glass measuring cup along with clear soap.
- Place glass measuring cup in microwave and heat for 30 seconds. If soap has not melted completely, heat in 10-15 second increments until soap is all liquid.
- Add 10 ml. (or 2 tsp) of fragrance oil and blend with spoon.
- Pour soap into all 6 round soap cavities. For the square soap mold, pour only a thin layer into each cavity. These should be about 1/8 inch thick.
- Once soap has completely hardened, remove soaps from molds and set aside.
- In a plastic beaker, pour 1 oz. of glycerin. Add about 1/4 teaspoon of Bath Bomb Yellow Powder.
- Mix powder into glycerin slowly using a mini-mixer or frother. Stir by hand before turning mixer on so the powder does not fly all over. Mix until powder is completely dissolved.
- Cut up 2 oz. of white soap and heat in microwave until melted. Check that soap temperature is no hotter than 125° F. Add yellow color until desired shade is achieved. Pour into middle band on Ferns & Dragonflies Deco-It mold. This piece will be cut into 3's so one piece will make 3 tassels.
- Let set up, about 10 minutes, then carefully remove from mold. Pour more yellow soap into band (soap may need to be reheated slightly). Pour remaining soap into 1 square cavity. This will be used for the button on the top of graduation cap.
- Cut each yellow band into 3 pieces. On one end of tassel, make 3 or 4 3/8" cuts to make bottom of tassel.
- Remove yellow square from mold. Using the white lip tube cap, cut out 6 buttons and set aside.
- TO ASSEMBLE CAPS:
- In a plastic beaker, melt 1 oz. of clear soap. Take one round soap and spritz top with alcohol. Pour small amount of clear soap on top, spreading to cover entire area, and immediately place square soap on top positioning evenly over the round soap.
- Hold in place for a few seconds until soap hardens and top of cap sticks to bottom. Continue until all 6 caps are assembled.
- To place button on, spritz small amount of alcohol in middle of cap. Spread some of the melted clear soap on bottom of button and adhere to middle of cap. Hold for few seconds.
- On the end of tassel that will be glued to the top, take soap cutter or dull knife and make slightly curved to fit around button.
- Spritz top of cap again and put melted clear soap on part of tassel that will be glued next to the button. Hold in place until set. Gently bend tassel so it hangs down next to cap.
- Continue with remaining buttons and tassels until all caps are completed.
- Repeat above steps to make additional caps.
- If selling soaps, be sure to label according to the FDA guidelines.