RECIPE: Green Apple Foaming Hand Soap
This refreshing foaming hand soap has a nice, crisp apple scent. It will make a nice addition to any kitchen or bath.
Project Level: Easy
Estimated Time: 1/2 Hour
Yield: (16) 8.5 oz. Bottles
INCI Ingredient Label: Water, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamphodiacetate, Cocamide MEA, Fragrance, PEG-80 Glyceryl Cocoate, Aloe Barbadensis, Quaternium-15, Wheat Germ Amino Acids, Citric Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Dimethicone, Propylene Glycol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Benzophenone-4, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Green 5, Yellow 5.
- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- Into a large glass mixing bowl, pour 64 oz. of the Creamy Hand & Body Wash.
- Place bowl in microwave and heat product for about 3 minutes. The product must be warm when mixing with the fragrance.
- Since this is a water-based product, you will need to modify the fragrance oil to make it water soluble.
- Place a small measuring cup on a scale and tare to zero. Pour in 0.64 oz. of Green Apple Fragrance Oil. Add 3.20 oz. of FO/EO Modifier or until scale reaches 3.84 oz. Blend well.
- Normal directions for the FO/EO modifier is mixing 4:1 with the fragrance oil. We found this fragrance to need a little extra modifying so we mixed this at a 5:1 ratio.
- Add fragrance oil mixture to the warm hand soap. Gently mix so as not to make too many bubbles.
- Add drops of Stained Glass Forest Green liquid dye until desired color is achieved.
- Fill eight bottles with product about 3/4 full. You will need to leave room for the foamer top which fits down into the bottle.
- Let product cool completely. Place foamer top onto bottle and screw on tightly.
- Repeat above steps to make the remaining half gallon of product.
- Label product accordingly.
Wholesale Supplies Plus is not responsible for the products you create
from our supplies. You alone are responsible for product and recipe
testing to ensure compatibility and safety.