- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- Over low heat or in a double-boiler, heat grapeseed oil and emulsifying wax until melted. Remove from heat.
- In separate pan, heat water until simmering.
- With hand mixer or stick-blender, begin to blend oil and e-wax on low speed.
- Gradually add water and continue to blend. Once all water has been added, increase speed to medium.
- Mixture will be bubbly but this will dissipate as the lotion emulsifies.
- Once lotion starts to emulsify, which may take up to 10 minutes, add remaining ingredients (green tea butter, vitamin E, Germall Plus and fragrance).
- Continue whisking or blending until lotion thickens. This lotion will be on the thinner side so it will flow nicely out of the airless pump bottle.
- Cover bowl and let sit for about one hour. Lotion will "raise" and fluff up. You can package as is, or whip again for a few minutes.
- Fill airless pump bottles about 3/4 full. Using a scale, we filled bottles to about 2-2.5 ounces. You will be able to fill 8 airless pump bottles.
- Place pump and cap on bottles and label accordingly.