- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- Weigh 4.8 oz. of Emulsifying Wax and place in glass bowl. Add 0.64 oz. of Argan Oil and mix together with a spoon.
- Place bowl in microwave and heat in 1 minute increments until the emulsifying wax is completely melted.
- To another large mixing bowl, add 23 oz. of water. Place this bowl into microwave and heat water for about 30 seconds.
- Pour wax and oil mixture into the bowl of warm water. Mix slightly with spatula then begin to blend with Stick Blender or Hand Mixer. Mixture will be fairly thick.
- Add 0.64 oz. of Dimethicone, 2 oz. of Chamomile Extract, and 0.08 oz. of Marshmallow Root Powder. Blend well.
- Add 0.32 oz. of Optiphen Plus and 0.64 oz. of Gooseberry Guava Fragrance Oil. The Optiphen Plus preservative will thin out the product quite a bit.
- Continue to blend until all ingredients are well incorporated and it has started to thicken up. Be sure to scrape sides of bowl and also beaters (or blade) as the wax may collect and start to harden. All the wax needs to be well incorporated into the product.
- Pour hair conditioner into the (4) - 8oz. bottles. It will thicken as it cools.
- There will be a small amount of product left. If you choose, you can fill (4) heat seal sample packets with this and give away as samples or to use for travel. Simply place a small amount (1-2 tsps). of product into the top of each packet. Be careful not to overfill.
- Using a hot iron (on cotton setting) firmly press on the top of the packet to seal it.
- Once the bottled lotion is completely cooled, trim dip tubes on pumps to fit bottle length and place on bottles.
- Label product accordingly.