- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- This recipe yields 20 bottles of conditioner. The directions will make 5 bottles so you will need to make 4 batches.
- Fill large glass pyrex bowl with 40 ounces of water. Weigh 2 ounces of conditioner and add to bowl of water.
- Heat in microwave for 3 minutes. Take out and stir. Return to microwave and heat for another 3 minutes. It may take 7-8 minutes for conditioner pellets to completely dissolve.
- Take hand mixer or stick blender and blend product for around 15 seconds to be sure product is completely dissolved.
- Add 12 ml of Germaben II.
- Add 24 ml Botanical Extract Blend 2 and 24 ml of Caribbean Escape Fragrance Oil.
- Mix with mixer or stick blender for 15 seconds to incorporate ingredients.
- Pour into 5 bottles.
- Let product cool completely before capping. Product will thicken as it cools.
- Repeat above steps to make next 5 bottles of conditioner.
- If you have a large bowl that holds 80 ounces, you can double the recipe and then you will only need to make two batches.
- This product is very versatile. If you want a thicker conditioner, use more concentrate. If you want a thinner product, you can use more water, but be sure to increase the preservative also.