- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- In a metal pan, place 2 oz. each of White Beeswax and Palm Kernel Flakes.
- Over low heat on stove, heat until completely melted.
- Remove from heat and stir to make sure everything is completely melted.
- Add 10 ml. or 2 teaspoons of fragrance and mix well. This is at 8%. To make stronger scented tarts, you can add 10% or 12 ml. of fragrance oil.
- Check that the wax temperature is at or below 150° F. If the wax is too hot, it may warp the plastic mold.
- Pour into each cavity of plastic mold. Once wax begins to set up, place in freezer for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and turn mold over. Tarts should pop right out of mold.
- If necessary, remelt remaining wax in pan. Pour wax in mold cavities and place in freezer to set up.
- Repeat above steps 2-6 to make another 11 tarts.
- The directions are designed to make 3 batches of tarts rather than 1 large batch because the wax will need to be reheated too many times.
- We placed 4 Harvest Ale tarts in a drawstring muslin bag. These can be used in a car, locker, drawer, closet...anywhere the air needs a little freshening up.
- Caution should be used to not leave in hot cars over 80° F. Scents should last for about 30 days.