NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- Place 3.2 oz. Hemp Seed Oil into a glass measuring cup. Add 3.2 oz. Emulsifying Wax and 1.28 oz. Stearic Acid.
- Place cup in microwave and heat until stearic acid and wax are completely melted, about 45 seconds.
- To melted wax mixture, add 3.2 oz. Hemp Butter Blend. Gently stir to allow butter to soften.
- In large glass bowl, add 50 oz. of water. Heat bowl in microwave for 1 minute.
- Pour warm oil/butter mixture into the warm water. Product will immediately turn a whitish color.
- Using a stick blender, begin to blend. Continue blending until mixture starts to thicken.
- Add 2 oz. Cyclomethicone and 0.64 oz. Vitamin E. Continue blending.
- Check temperature to be sure lotion is under 176°F. Add 0.64 oz. Optiphen Plus and blend until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Place empty jar on scale and tare to zero. Add 9 oz. to each jar. Any remaining product can be divided equally between all seven. Once product has cooled completely, place lids on jars.
- Because the hemp butter blend and oil have a naturally strong odor, no fragrance was added. If you want to add a fragrance that will complement the hemp, it can be added at 1-2% or 19-28 ml.
- Label product according to FDA guidelines.