RECIPE: Hip Hip Hooray Soap
Created for the person who is always cheering the crowd on! This Pom-pom and Megaphone soap will make them say "HOORAY"! Change the colors to match your team.
Project Level: Difficult
Estimated Time: 1 Hour
Yield: 4 - approx. 5 oz. Bars
INCI Ingredient Label: Sorbitol, Propylene Glycol, Water, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Myristate, Silica, Triethanolamine, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Glycerin, Titanium Dioxide, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Polyurethane 33, Mica (and) Titanium Dioxide (and) Iron Oxides.
- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- FOR POMPOMS: Weigh and cut up 2 oz. of Extra Clear soap. Place in glass measuring cup.
- Heat in microwave until soap has melted - about 30 seconds.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of first color to the melted clear soap. Mix well.
- Place the snowflake mold on a cookie sheet. This will give the mold stability should it need to be moved.
- Pour a thin layer of first color into each of the snowflake cavities. This should fill between 6-8 cavities. Ensure enough is poured so that the entire bottom of the snowflake is covered.**
- Weigh another 2 oz. of extra clear soap. Heat in microwave until soap has melted.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of next color to the melted clear soap. Mix well.
- Pour a thin layer of 2nd color into more (6-8) individual snowflake cavities. Be sure enough is poured so the entire bottom of the cavity is covered.**
- NOTE: **If you would like to swirl the colors, pour the colors at the same time, side by side into each mold cavity. The 2 colors will blend together. Remember to only pour a thin layer and cover the entire bottom of the snowflake mold.
- FOR MEGAPHONE: Weigh another 2 oz. of Extra Clear soap. Heat in microwave until melted.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of Brown Sparkle Mica Powder to the melted clear soap. Mix well.
- Place the Rectangle Basic Silicone mold on a cookie sheet. Pour a thin layer of the brown soap into the bottom of the 4 cavities ensuring the bottoms are completely covered.
- Allow all soap to harden. This should not take longer than 15 minutes. Umold all soaps.
- Using the soap cutter, cut the Brown Sparkle Mica colored soap into a small megaphone. Total length should be 2 inches. NOTE: To get a good curved edge, use a 1oz measuring cup.
- To write on the megaphone, use a pointed object like pen or shish-ka-bob skewer. Suggestions: GO, HOORAY, GO TEAM, #1
- TO MAKE 3 DIFFERENT SOAP DESIGNS: Decide which designs you want to make (a, b, c) and follow directions below to make one or all designs.
- Melt the remaining 8 oz. of clear soap in microwave. Once soap has reached temperature of 130°F, pour evenly (2 oz.) into each of the rectangle mold cavities.
- Using alcohol, spritz both sides of the snowflake and both sides of the megaphone soaps (soaps may be slippery. These pieces should have alcohol on them when placing them into the melted soap. If the alcohol has dried, spritz again).
- a). Place a megaphone in the soap towards one corner (with the smaller end in the corner and the larger end toward the middle of the soap). Then place 1 of the snowflakes in the opposite corners of the megaphone. Be sure the pieces are completely submerged in the soap.
- b). Place a megaphone in the soap first. Put it in the center of soap cavity. Then place 2 snowflakes in the mold at opposite corners. Ensure the pieces are completely submerged in the soap.
- c). Place a megaphone in the soap towards one corner (with the smaller end in the corner and the larger end toward the middle of the soap). Then place 1 of the snowflakes in the opposite corner of the megaphone, Ensure the pieces are completely submerged in the soap.
- Be sure to spritz all soaps on the top when you have finished placing pieces into the clear, melted soap.
- Allow all of the soaps to harden.
- Melt the 4 oz. of ultra white soap.
- Using alcohol, spritz the top again of each of the rectangle cavities. Pour a thin later over each cavity in the mold. Ensure enough is poured so that the entire cavity is covered.
- Allow all of the soaps to harden. This should only take about 15 minutes.
- FOR SWIRLED BOTTOM LAYER:
- Using a glass measuring cup with spout, melt 10 oz. of the Suspension Clear soap.
- In another glass measuring cup with spout, melt remaining 10 oz. of the Suspension Soap base.
- To each glass container, mix in 1 teaspoon of each of the 2 mica powders to the melted soap. Stir until completely blended in.
- Add 6 ml. of fragrance to each separate color and mix.
- Spritz tops of the soap in each rectangle mold cavity generously with alcohol.
- Once soap has reached 125°F, pour both colors together into soap cavity until it reaches the top. Spritz with alcohol. Continue until all 4 cavities are filled.
- Allow soap to completely set up and harden.
- Unmold soaps and wrap so soap is airtight. If selling, label product accordingly.
Wholesale Supplies Plus is not responsible for the products you create
from our supplies. You alone are responsible for product and recipe
testing to ensure compatibility and safety.