- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- In small glass bowl, mix 2.5 ounces of fragrance oil with 1 oz. Vanilla Color Stabilizer. Mix well and set aside.
- Weigh 4 oz. of Crystal Clear MP soap. Cut into small chunks and place in glass measuring cup. Heat in microwave about 30 seconds until soap is melted.
- Cut up small slivers of Dark Gold Shimmer Mica color bar and add to melted soap. About 1/2 of cube is best for a deep gold color. Stir until all melted. Heat soap further if color bar will not dissolve.
- Add 3 ml. of fragrance mixture to colored soap. Mix well.
- Divide the soap between all 6 mold cavities. Spritz with alcohol to dissolve surface bubbles. Allow soap to set up.
- Once hardened, unmold the squares. Take 2 of the soap squares and cut each square into 6 separate strips for the ribbons.
- Take 2 of the gold strips and place one on top of the other to make a "+". Cut off strip where it overlaps the other so they will fit in the cavity without overlapping.
- Continue until you have enough for 6 gift soaps.
- Weigh out 5 oz. of Crystal Clear MP soap. Cut into chunks and heat in microwave until melted. Do not fragrance.
- Pour small amount of clear into first cavity-just enough to cover the bottom. Spritz with alcohol, then spritz some ribbon curls and immediately place into clear soap in bottom of cavity. Spritz again with alcohol when ribbons are positioned.
- Continue in this manner, one cavity at a time until all 6 cavities are finished. Let soap set up.
- Remove entire 2 lb. tray of clear soap and an additional 4 oz. of soap from second tray. Cut up into small chunks and place in large glass measuring cup.
- Take the Crimson Red Wine Sparkle Mica soap cube and cut in half and add one half to 36 oz of clear soap.
- Heat soap and color bar in microwave until completely melted. Stir to make sure color is completely blended in. If any speckles are seen, place back in microwave for 20 seconds to completely melt color bar.
- Add 1.5 oz. of fragrance and mix well.
- Check soap temperature so it is no higher than 125°. Once soap has cooled to this temperature, spritz first soap cavity with alcohol
- Pour red soap over gold ribbons. Spritz top to release air bubbles. Continue until entire soap tray is poured. Set aside until set up.
- While soap is setting up, you can make the soap curls. For this step you will need a vegetable peeler.
- Taking the gold squares made in Step 5, use the vegetable peeler to shave off soap curls for top of gift box. Peeling all 4 squares will be enough for all 12 soap bars.
- Once soap has set up, remove from mold. Melt about 1 oz. of clear soap in plastic beaker.
- Spritz top of first box with alcohol. Using a plastic dropper, drizzle a small amount of clear soap in middle. Spritz some curls with alcohol and place in melted soap. Drizzle extra soap if they do not all stick.
- Continue in this fashion will all soap boxes. Set aside.
- Wash silicone mold in warm, sudsy water and dry thoroughly.
- Repeat above steps to make green soap boxes. In Step 2, only melt 2 oz. of clear soap and add gold color. The soap curls have already been made in Step 18. Also, only add 1.5 ml of fragrance oil to the 2 oz. of soap.
- Once all soaps have been made, package and label accordingly.
- Packaging Suggestion: Purchase clear candy boxes or boxes with clear tops from local craft stores or purchase online. Or wrap with clear saran wrap.