- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- All ingredients should be weighed to ensure lotion comes out correctly.
- In a plastic beaker, weigh 0.64 oz. of Hot Cocoa Fragrance Oil with 0.64 oz. of Vanilla Color Stabilizer for Lotions/Washes. Set mixture aside.
- In large bowl, weigh and add Soybean Oil, Mid Chain Triglycerides Liquid, Macadamia Nut Butter, Cocoa Butter and Palm Oil. To this add 4.0 ounces of emulsifying wax.
- Place bowl in microwave and heat for about 1 minute. This should be just enough to warm all ingredients and melt the emulsifying wax.
- Remove from microwave and gently stir to make sure the wax has completely melted.
- Measure 22.4 oz. of water into a bowl and heat in microwave for about 1 minute. Pour warmed water into bowl with oil/butter/wax mixture.
- With hand mixer or stick blender, begin to blend water/wax mixture.
- Continue to mix, scraping sides of bowl with spatula.
- Once lotion has thickened, add fragrance mixture, vitamin E and Optiphen Plus preservative.
- Continue to mix. Lotion will become light and airy with mixing.
- Remove 8 oz. (1 cup) of lotion and place in separate bowl. To remaining lotion, add Chocolate Brown Mica Powder to color (about 1/8 teaspoon). Mix color in well.
- Let lotion set for 12 hours to cool and thicken before filling bottles.
- Using a cake decorating piping bag or Decorator Pro, fill each bottle with colored lotion filling about 3/4 full.
- Pipe uncolored lotion on top of lotion in bottle (dividing between 4 bottles).
- Cut dip tube to length of bottle and place on top.
- Label product accordingly.