- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- All ingredients should be weighed to ensure lotion comes out correctly.
- In a plastic beaker, weigh .64 oz. of Hot Cocoa Fragrance Oil with .64 oz. of Vanilla Color Stabilizer for Lotions/Washes. Set mixture aside.
- In large glass bowl, add 22.4 ounces of water.
- To water, add 4.0 ounces of emulsifying wax.
- Place in microwave and heat until wax has completely melted. Wax may take 2-3 minutes to completely melt.
- In separate bowl, measure and add soybean oil, coconut oil, macadamia nut butter, cocoa butter and palm oils.
- Place bowl in microwave and heat for about 1 minute. This should be just enough to warm all ingredients and melt the butters.
- Remove from microwave and gently stir.
- With hand mixer, begin to mix water/wax mixture. After about 1 minute, add oil/butter mixture.
- Continue to mix, scraping sides of bowl with spatula.
- Lotion may take up to 5 minutes or more to emulsify. Once lotion has thickened, add fragrance mixture, vitamin E and Optiphen Plus preservative.
- Continue to mix. Lotion will become light and airy with mixing.
- Remove 8 oz (1 cup) of lotion and place in separate bowl. To remaining lotion, add Chocolate Brown Mica Powder to color (about 1/8 teaspoon). Mix color in well.
- Let lotion set for 12 hours to cool and thicken before filling bottles.
- Using a cake decorating piping bag or Decorator Pro, fill each bottle with colored lotion filling about 3/4 full.
- Pipe uncolored lotion on top of lotion in bottle (dividing between 4 bottles).
- Cut dip tube to length of bottle and place on top.
- Label product accordingly.