RECIPE: Inspirational Soap Bars
Hope, Faith and Love - what an encouraging and inspiring combination! This will make a nice give-away at a fundraiser, a gift for someone or just a nice reminder for yourself.
Project Level: Easy
Estimated Time: 1 Hour
Yield: 6 - 4oz bars
INCI Ingredient Label: Sodium Cocoate, Propylene Glycol , Sodium Stearate, Glycerin, Water, Sorbitol, Butyris Lac (Buttermilk) Powder, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour, Honey, Calendula Officinalis (Calendula) Flower Extract, Titanium Dioxide, Mica
- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- Weigh 1 oz. of Detergent Free Baby Buttermilk MP Soap. In a beaker, melt in the microwave.
- Add 1 ml of Sexy Pink Slippers Mica Powder to the melted soap. Mix in well.
- OPTIONAL: If adding an essential oil, this can be added at 1% or 7.5 mls. Add this to white or pink soap or divide among both.
- Using a plastic dropper, quickly fill in the letters in each cavity of the plastic mold. This technique works best when the soap is very warm and liquid. If soap starts to harden, place in microwave for a few seconds to remelt.
- Spritz letters with rubbing alcohol as soon as each letter is done. This will pop any surface bubbles that may appear.
- To keep the soap from hardening in the plastic dropper, place in warm water when not in use. Squeeze out excess soap, then fill dropper with warm water. Be sure to remove any excess water before using again.
- Weigh 12 oz. of soap and place in glass measuring cup. Heat in microwave until melted. Remove and stir to be sure soap has completely melted.
- Before pouring white soap over pink letters, the soap temperature should not be over 120°. If soap is too hot, it will melt the letters so they will bleed into the white.
- When soap has reached proper temperature, first spritz all the letters generously with rubbing alcohol.
- Carefully pour white soap into the tray mold. Soap should reach about halfway up the mold. Spritz soap to release any surface bubbles. Allow soap to set up.
- Once soap has hardened, melt remaining 12 oz. of soap in the microwave.
- Add 1 teaspoon of Pink Sparkle Powder and mix well.
- Before pouring, check temperature of soap so it is around 120° which is safe for pouring.
- Spritz white soap generously with alcohol. Pour pink soap over the white until it reaches the top of the mold. Spritz again with alcohol.
- Once soap has completely hardened, turn mold over and gently press on soap to remove from mold. Cut into individual bars.
- Wrap each individual bar of soap with either plastic wrap or shrink wrap.
- Packaging Suggestion: Sell or give away individual bars or bundle two or three bars and tie with pink ribbon.
Wholesale Supplies Plus is not responsible for the products you create
from our supplies. You alone are responsible for product and recipe
testing to ensure compatibility and safety.