RECIPE: Japanese Cherry Blossoms Soap
These beautiful soaps will fill your bathroom with the aromatic fragrance of Japanese Cherry Blossoms. You will think you have a tree blooming outside your window!
Project Level: Moderate
Estimated Time: 1 Hour
Yield: 8 - 5 oz. Bars (approx)
INCI Ingredient Label: Propylene Glycol, Sorbitol, Water, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Myristate, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Triethanolamine, Glycerin, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bis(Glycidoxyphenyl)propane/Bisaminomethylnorbornane copolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Red 28, Red 22, Polyester-3, Yellow 7, Fragrance.
- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- Melt 1 oz. of Extra Clear soap base in microwave. In a plastic beaker, mix 1 oz of glycerin with 1/4 teaspoon of Neon Pretty in Pink powder color. Use mini-mixer to blend together.
- Add color to the melted clear soap base and pour into the 14 centers of the seaweed strip (just above the waves) on the Sea Life Deco-It Mold. Spritz with alcohol to remove any air bubbles and allow to set up.
- Melt 0.25 oz of Ultra White soap base in the microwave. Add some of the Pretty in Pink color to the melted soap.
- Once the soap cools to 130°F, spritz the previously poured soap with alcohol and pour the pink-colored white soap base into the long seaweed strip. Spritz again and allow to set up.
- Melt a small amount of Ultra White soap in the microwave. In a plastic beaker, mix 1 oz of glycerin with 1/4 teaspoon of Matte Brown Pigment Powder. Use mini-mixer to blend together.
- To melted white soap, add some of the brown dye mixture and blend well. Carefully pour into the coral section of the Deco-It Mold (it may be helpful to use a plastic dropper). Spritz with alcohol and allow to set up.
- Very carefully remove pieces from the Sea Life Mold. Cut the long pink strip into 14 sections. These will be the cherry blossoms. Repeat steps 2-5 until you have enough pieces for all four bars.
- In a large glass measuring cup, melt 20 oz. of Ultra White Soap in microwave. In a plastic beaker, mix 2 oz of glycerin with 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of Neon Lemon Laser powder dye. Use mini-mixer to blend together.
- Add yellow color to melted white soap until desired shade is achieved. Add .5 oz. of Japanese Cherry Blossom fragrance oil and gently mix with mixing spoon.
- Pour soap into the mold, dividing among the 4 soap cavities. Spritz tops of soap when finished. Let soap cool completely.
- Melt 4 oz. of clear soap base in microwave. Spritz top of yellow soap with alcohol. Pour thin layer of clear into each cavity. Immediately, spritz 7 of the cherry blossoms and embed into clear soap. Spritz with alcohol. Allow to harden.
- Melt remaining clear soap. Spritz top of soap in one cavity with alcohol. Pour thin layer of clear soap over cherry blossoms.
- Spritz tree branch with alcohol and embed into clear soap. Use toothpick to arrange branch if necessary. Spritz remaining 7 cherry blossoms and embed over the tree branch. Spritz again with alcohol.
- Top off soap with more clear soap if not completely covered. Be sure to spritz before pouring.
- Repeat for remaining soaps until all pieces have been embedded.
- We suggest completing one bar at a time so the clear soap does not harden before embedding all the pieces.
- Repeat above steps to make remaining 4 bars.
- When soap has completely hardened, remove from mold, wrap and label accordingly.
Wholesale Supplies Plus is not responsible for the products you create
from our supplies. You alone are responsible for product and recipe
testing to ensure compatibility and safety.