- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- Weigh 24 oz. of Honey Soap. Cut up into small chunks and place in glass measuring cup. Heat in microwave or in double boiler until soap has melted.
- Add .75 oz. (1.5 Tablespoons) of fragrance oil and mix well.
- Add 24K Gold Mica Powder (about 1/2 tsp) until desired color is reached.
- Place loaf mold on a cookie sheet for added stability.
- Pour gold soap into the loaf mold. Spritz with alcohol to pop any surface bubbles. Set aside to allow soap to solidify.
- Remove soap from mold and chop into medium irregular shapes (cutting at an angle works the best). Set chunks aside.
- Measure 1 Tablespoon of Sparkle Bronze Mica powder and place in one of the glass mixing bowls.
- Measure 1 Tablespoon of 24K Gold Mica powder and place in the second glass mixing bowl.
- Wearing gloves, place half of the soap chunks into the bronze mica bowl and toss to coat.
- Place the other half of the soap chunks in the gold mica bowl and toss to coat. Set aside.
- Cut remaining 24 oz. of Honey Soap into small chunks. Place in glass measuring cup and heat in microwave at 30 second intervals until all soap is melted.
- Add .75 oz. (1.5 Tbsp) of fragrance oil and mix in well.
- Pour a 1 inch layer of soap into the loaf mold.
- Spritz the mica covered chunks with alcohol and begin placing them into the loaf mold. Alternate colors to create a varied look.
- Pour more honey soap into the loaf mold creating another 1 inch layer of honey soap above the mica covered chunks.
- Continue to alternate layers pouring honey soap and placing mica covered soap chunks until the loaf is completely filled.
- It is important to pack the chunks tightly into the loaf after each layer so there are no air pockets.
- Mist the top of the loaf with alcohol to remove any bubbles on the surface.
- Allow the soap to completely cool for 4-6 hours. Remove the soap from the mold.
- Cut loaf into slices. Feel free to cut into unusual shapes, such as chunks or triangles.
- Wrap soap and label accordingly.