- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- Place all 16 push up sticks on a cookie sheet.
- Place a glass measuring cup on the scale and tare to zero. Add 5.33 oz. of lip balm base. Place in microwave and heat until completely melted.
- Once melted, add 1 teaspoon of Cotton Candy fragrance oil and mix in. Add 1/2 teaspoon of sweetener and 1/4 teaspoon of Mica Blue color and mix in. Add more blue color to achieve a darker color.
- Pour into tubes, dividing blue lip balm into all 16 tubes. Each layer should be about 1/2" deep.
- Let first layer completely harden.
- Clean glass measuring cup well to prepare for 2nd layer.
- Place measuring cup on scale and tare to zero. Add 5.33 oz. of lip balm base. Heat in microwave until just melted.
- Add 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Swirl fragrance oil, 1/2 teaspoon of sweetener and 1/8 teaspoon of white pigment for oil. Mix together well.
- Let base cool sliqhtly before pouring so it does not melt the first layer. Pour over blue layer, dividing among the 16 tubes. Again, this layer should be about 1/2" deep.
- Let completely cool.
- Clean glass cup, again, to prepare for final layer.
- Add remaining lip balm base to glass measuring cup. Heat in microwave until just melted.
- Add 1 teaspoon of Watermelon Fragrance oil, 1/2 teaspoon of sweetener and 1/4 teaspoon of red orange mica shimmer. If darker color is desired, add more red orange mica shimmer. Mix well.
- Let product cool slightly then pour top layer of red lip balm into each tube. Let cool completely.
- Once lip balm has hardened, screw cap onto each tube. Label product accordingly as per the FDA guidelines.
- If desired, use 65 x 55 Shrink Wrap Band to prevent tampering.