- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- Measure out your Beeswax and Candellila Wax and place in glass pyrex bowl. Add 1 tablespoon each of Castor Oil and Sweet Almond.
- Heat in microwave until 3/4 of wax is melted. If you prefer, heat products in double boiler. Remove from heat.
- Add Shorea (Sal) Butter. Return to microwave or double boiler and continue to melt just until waxes and butter have turned to liquid.
- Add Vitamin E and essential oil and stir. If this causes the product to thicken up, return to heat source until liquid again.
- Add a scant 1/8 teaspoon of Bath Bomb Orange Powder Color to liquid. Gently stir.
- Check that temperature of lip balm base is around 120°F or less. If too hot, it can warp the lip tubes or leak out through the bottom.
- Pour into lip balm tubes and let cool. Droppers or beakers are helpful in filling the lip tubes.
- Stir occasionally while pouring to keep powder color from settling.
- Let cool completely. Put caps on and label accordingly.
- Repeat recipe with different essential oils or until desired amount of lip tubes have been produced!