- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, glove and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- In a large glass mixing bowl, add 24 oz. of water.
- To the water, add the stearic acid and emulsifying wax.
- Place bowl in microwave and heat until stearic acid and emulsifying wax are completely melted. Microwave for 3 minutes. If stearic and e-wax are not melted, microwave for another minute. This may need to be repeated until ingredients are completely melted.
- Water will be cloudy when ingredients have completely melted.
- To the water mixture, add in the Almond Butter Blend, Evening Primrose Oil and Rose Hip Seed Oil. Gently stir to allow the butter to soften a little in the warm water.
- Using a hand mixer, begin to blend. Continue blending until the mixture starts to thicken. This may take several minutes.
- Add Vitamin E, Isopropyl Myristate and Lemon Essential Oil. Continue blending.
- Check temperature to be sure it is under 176°F. Adding the Optiphen Plus at a higher temperature will inactivate the preservative.
- Add Optiphen Plus and blend thoroughly for an additional 30 seconds.
- Using a spatula, scoop 4 oz. of cream into each jar. The cream will thicken a little after cooling.
- Let the cream completely cool before capping so that condensation does not form inside the jar.
- Label product accordingly.