RECIPE: Macaron Inspired Bath Bomb Treats
Move over cupcakes, these macarons are your new eye candy! In this recipe you will learn how to make macaron bath bombs that will make your customers take a second look. We used three different fragrances to match the colors: Pistachio & Magnolia for the green, Dahlia & Lychee for the purple and Calla Lily and Grapefruit for the orange. Jojoba Butter was also used in this decadent treat for your skin.
Project Level: Moderate
Estimated Time: 1 Hour
Yield: Approx. 30-36 Bath Bombs
INCI Ingredient Label: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Cornstarch, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil (and) Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Water, Alcohol, Fragrance, Blue 1 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Ultramarines, Yellow 6 Lake.
FILLING: Glycerin, Water, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sorbitol, Propylene Glycol, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Laurate, Titanium Dioxide, Diazolidinyl Urea (and) Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sugar.
- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- Mix 12 oz. Baking Soda, 6 oz. Citric Acid and 6 oz. Cornstarch together in a bowl, making sure to break up any clumps and lumps with a whisk or sifter.
- Add (4) 0.15 ml scoops of Bath Bomb Blue Powder Color and (7) 0.15 ml scoops of Bath Bomb Yellow Powder Color to make green and mix well.
- Melt 0.5 oz. Jojoba Butter Blend, 0.5 oz. Cocoa Butter and 0.8 oz. Grape Seed Oil together in the microwave for 30 second spurts until completely melted. Set aside and let cool for a few minutes.
- In a small container measure out the 0.5 oz. distilled water, 0.5 oz. rubbing alcohol and 0.25 oz. Crafter's Choice Pistachio & Magnolia Fragrance Oil.
- Mix the melted oils/butters with the water/alcohol mixture.
- Drizzle all the liquids into the powder mixture. Do not pour all in one place. With gloved hands or a wire whisk, quickly mix the ingredients to incorporate the liquid quickly to stop the fizzing action.
- To see if the product is ready to mold, take some mixture in your hand and it should feel like wet sand. It should keep a shape when squeezed in the palm of your hand.
- Using a Bath Fizzy Super Scooper or a two-piece bath bomb mold, fill one half of the mold with the mixture. Press firmly and then remove. Place on a baking sheet lined with waxed paper to dry. Continue until all the green bath bomb mixture has been made.
- Let dry 24-48 hours.
- Repeat Steps 2 - 9 to make the purple macarons. For color, add (12) 0.15 ml scoops of Matte Lavender Ultramarine Powder and for fragrance, add 0.25 oz. of Dahlia & Lychee Fragrance Oil.
- Repeat Steps 2 - 9 to make the orange macarons. For color, add (3) 0.15 scoops of Bath Bomb Orange Powder Color and for fragrance, add 0.15 oz. Crafter's Choice Calla Lily Fragrance Oil and 0.10 oz. Crafters Choice Grapefruit (Pink) Essential Oil.
- Once the bath bombs have completely hardened, prepare the filling.
- Place 16 oz. of Foaming Bath Whip in a large glass bowl. Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, whip on high for 2 minutes.
- Weigh 4 oz. of Basic White MP Soap Base. Cut up into chunks and place in glass measuring cup. Heat in microwave on low in 30 second increments just until melted. DO NOT OVERHEAT.
- Add 2 oz. Grape Seed Oil slowly to the Foaming Bath Whip and mix for one minute.
- Add the melted soap to the bath whip and mix for 2 minutes on high.
- Fill a piping bag with the whipped filling. Cut about an inch off the end of the bag.
- Squeeze some filling onto one half of a bath bomb and place another half on top. Set aside and make remaining macarons in this manner.
- Place the 4 oz. of White Granulated Sugar on a plate. Roll the sides of the filling in sugar. This helps them from sticking together and gives them a little shine.
- Package as desired.
- Label product accordingly.
Wholesale Supplies Plus is not responsible for the products you create
from our supplies. You alone are responsible for product and recipe
testing to ensure compatibility and safety.