- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- Place metal melting pot on a scale and tare to zero. Pour in 2 oz. of Beeswax and 2 oz. of Palm Kernel Flakes.
- Place on heat source and heat until waxes have completely melted.
- Remove from heat source and place on top of a towel or oven mitt to protect countertop.
- Add (1) 0.15 ml micro size scoop of Siesta Sunset Mica Powder and stir until color has mixed in.
- In a plastic beaker, measure 0.50 oz. of Radiant Red Maple Fragrance Oil on the scale. Add fragrance to the melted wax and stir.
- Wax must cool down to around 145°F before pouring into molds. If wax is too hot, the plastic mold may warp. A digital or candy-style thermometer can be used for this.
- Place the two Leaves Guest Soap Molds on a flat surface.
- When wax has cooled to around 145°F, carefully pour about 5/16" of an inch (or a little over 1/4") of wax into the bottom of each cavity. If the leaf has a stem, make sure you pour enough wax so the stem is visible. There should be enough wax to fill 3 trays.
- Place trays in the refrigerator to harden. After 15 minutes, remove plastic molds, turn over and the wax leaves will pop right out.
- Reheat remaining wax in pot and pour the last 5 leaves. Place in refrigerator until hardened, then unmold.
- Clean any remaining wax in the pot by wiping clean with a paper towel. Place the pot on top of the heat source for a few minutes until any remaining wax inside has melted. Then carefully wipe clean with a paper towel.
- Repeat above steps. Substitute the remaining 3 colors of mica in Step 5.
- Once all leaves have been made, there should be a total of 60.
- Place 6 leaves into each organza bag and tie closed.
- Label product accordingly.