RECIPE: May Flowers Soap
These soaps will show your creativity in designing your flowers/color combinations. The fragrance of Butterfly Flowers is sure to be a great seller for spring.
Project Level: Moderate
Estimated Time: 1 Hour
Yield: 8 bars
INCI Ingredient Label: Propylene Glycol, Sorbitol, Water, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Myristate, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Glycerin, Sodium Laurate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Triethanolamine, Titanium Dioxide, Fragrance, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Polyester-3, Yellow 7, Polyester-3, Red 28
- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- In 3 plastic beakers, pour 1 oz. of glycerin into each.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon of each powder dye. By hand, gently stir powder into liquid. Then using mini-mixer or frother, mix powder until completely blended in.
- Melt 2 oz. of shea soap. Add first color until desired shade is reached. Mix well.
- Pour colored soap into 4 rectangle soap cavities.
- After unmolding, repeat with next color and, finally, with the third color. You will have 4 thin layers of each color.
- Taking the cutters, cut out flower and leaf shapes. You may need to repeat the color for the flowers if you need more of those.
- Once shapes are all cut out, set aside.
- Weigh 20 oz. of shea soap and cut up into chunks.
- Place chunks in glass measuring cup and heat in microwave until melted.
- To melted soap, add .60 oz. or 18 ml of fragrance oil. Mix well.
- Place silicone mold on cookie sheet. This will help with stability if you need to move soap mold.
- Pour melted soap into 4 cavities, leaving about 1/4 inch from top.
- To speed up the hardening of the soap, place mold/cookie sheet in freezer until set.
- Once soap is firm, spritz top of each bar with alcohol.
- Taking each flower and leaf petal, spritz both sides with alcohol. Arrange on top of soap. Spritz again.
- Melt 4 oz. of crystal clear soap in microwave. Remove and add 3.5 ml of fragrance oil. Mix well.
- Checking to make sure soap temperature is at or below 125 degrees, carefully pour clear soap over flowers. It is okay if part of the flower sticks out above the soap. Spritz, again, with alcohol.
- Once soap has hardened, carefully remove from mold. Repeat to make remaining 4 bars of soap.
- Wrap and label accordingly.
Wholesale Supplies Plus is not responsible for the products you create
from our supplies. You alone are responsible for product and recipe
testing to ensure compatibility and safety.