RECIPE: Mens Clay and Tea Tree Soap
Tea Tree is used in this soap for the antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties. Bentonite Clay has excellent oil absorbing properties and is thought to remove acne causing toxins from the skin.
Project Level: Moderate
Estimated Time: 1 Hour
Yield: 6 - Approx. 6.3 oz. Bars
INCI Ingredient Label: Propylene Glycol, Sorbitol, Water, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Myristate, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Meal, Bentonite, Silica, Triethanolamine, Titanium Dioxide, Carthamus tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Fragrance, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil,
- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- Place the square silicone mold on a cookie sheet. This will give the mold stability should it need to be moved.
- Weigh 39 oz. of the oatmeal soap base. Cut into small chunks and place in a large glass measuring cup.
- Place in microwave and heat for short bursts until soap has completely melted. DO NOT BOIL. Take out and stir soap to be sure it is completely melted.
- In a small beaker or container, measure 0.5 oz. Crafters Choice Safflower Oil. Add 5 tsps. of Crafters Choice Bentonite Clay to the oil. Mix or whisk well so there are no remaining clumps of clay.
- In another small container, using a plastic dropper, measure 6 ml. of Crafters Choice Tea Tree EO and 36 ml. Crafters Choice London for Men fragrance oil.
- While your soap is melted, add oil/clay mixture and fragrance. Stir or gently whisk until well-blended into melted soap.
- Pour soap equally among all 6 cavities in the Crafters Choice Square - Basic - Glossy silicone mold 1605. Once poured, spritz the surface of the soap with alcohol to release any air bubbles.
- Allow to set up at room temperature. Once the soap is set up, unmold, wrap immediately and label accordingly.
- If making kit, there will be enough product to make 9 bars or 1 1/2 recipes (divide all ingredients in half to make remaining 3 bars).
- NOTE: Many do not like the smell of Tea Tree but London for Men is strong enough that it will mask the odor. If you like the smell of Tea Tree, the fragrance would not be necessary. You can increase the Tea Tree to 1% or 11.25 ml.
Wholesale Supplies Plus is not responsible for the products you create
from our supplies. You alone are responsible for product and recipe
testing to ensure compatibility and safety.