- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- Cut 1/2 pound (8 oz) of soap into 2" squares. Place in a 32 oz microwave safe container and carefully melt.
- While the soap is melting, weigh 7 grams of Lathanol and set aside.
- Remove soap from microwave and add 1/4 oz (7.5 ml) of fragrance.
- Take 1 oz of melted soap and add to lathanol. Stir well and disperse any clumps. Add lathanol mixture to remaining soap and stir well.
- Add 2 Tablespoons Kaolin Clay to soap and stir well.
- Place silicone mold on jelly roll pan.
- Immediately pour soap into mold. Soap will fill each of 6 mold cavities.
- When soap returns to room temperature, carefully unmold the soap.
- Repeat until desired amount of soap has been made.
- Place 3 bars of soap in a cello bag. Tie with strands of raffia. As an option you can sell the soap with an authentic shaving brush and mug!
- If you are selling this soap, label according to CPSC label guidelines. This soap meets the FDA's soap exemption guidelines.