- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- Cut 1 pound of soap into 2" squares. Place in a 32 oz. microwave safe container and carefully melt.
- While the soap is melting, place 1/2 cup of oat scrub into a food processor or coffee grinder and quickly chop for 1-2 seconds. You do not want to turn the scrub into a powder but you do want it to be a finer texture.
- Remove soap from microwave and add 1/2 oz. (15 mL) of fragrance.
- Pour about 2 oz. of the melted soap into a small bowl. Add 1/2 Tablespoon of Kaolin Clay and mix until completely blended. Mixture will be a paste-like consistency.
- Add back into the melted soap and mix well to incorporate.
- Add oatmeal scrub to soap and stir until blended.
- Place silicone mold on jelly roll pan.
- Immediately pour soap into mold. It should be fairly hot. This will allow the oatmeal to settle to the bottom of the mold. Stir soap a few times while pouring into each soap cavity to keep oatmeal blended. The soap will fill all 9 cavities.
- Spritz top of soaps with rubbing alcohol to release any air bubbles that may have appeared.
- When soap returns to room temperature, carefully unmold the soap.
- Repeat above steps 3 times to make all 36 bars of soap.
- To package, place two bars of soap in a cello bag and tie with strands of raffia.
- If you are selling this soap, label according to FDA label guidelines.