- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- Empty entire contents of 16 oz. bag of Shea Butter - Refined into a pan for a double boiler or a metal pan for the stove.
- Heat butter until completely melted. Immediately place in refrigerator to cool for approximately 1 hour. This is done to remove any graininess in the shea butter.
- Remove bowl from refrigerator. Transfer product to bowl that will be used with hand mixer or Kitchen Aid.
- Add 9 oz. each of Apricot Kernel Oil and Meadowfoam Seed Oil.
- Add 3 oz. of Jojoba Oil and stir slightly with a spatula or large spoon.
- Using mixer of choice, begin to mix on low until oils have somewhat incorporated. Once these have blended, raise speed to medium, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.
- Mix for about 10 minutes on medium-high.
- Add 3 Tablespoons of Slick Fix-Oil Locking Powder and 24 ml (5 tsps.) of White Chocolate Raspberry Fragrance Oil.
- Mix again on low, then raise speed to medium-high for another 10 minutes.
- With this last 10 minutes, you will see the product thicken and get to a fluffly, whippy consistency.
- Turn off mixer. Product will thicken even more if left to sit for about a half hour.
- Take approximately 11 oz. of mousse out of the bowl and add to a smaller bowl. To this you will add 1/2 tsp. of Coral Oil Locking Mica and stir gently to blend well. Add more color if a darker shade is desired.
- To fill jars, place white lotion into a piping bag or a zip lock bag, cutting the tip off for filling.
- Place one jar on a scale and tare to zero. Fill jar to 2 oz., piping the lotion around the inside of the jar. Continue until all 11 jars are filled.
- Fill another piping bag or zip lock bag with the pink lotion. Pipe 1 oz. of this on top of the white lotion filling each jar with 3 oz. total by weight.
- Place silver lids on the jars.
- Label product accordingly.