RECIPE: Nourishing Shampoo and Conditioning Treatment
With the introduction of amino acids and other essential nutrients by way of carrot powder extract, WSP's simple shampoo base and conditioning treatment recipe becomes an outstanding prescription for nourishing, salon fresh hair.
Project Level: Easy
Estimated Time: 1/2 Hour
Yield: (6) 8 oz. Bottles Shampoo/Conditioner
INCI Ingredient Label: SHAMPOO: Water, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Polyquaternium-7, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Sodium Chloride, Propylene Glycol, PET-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate (and) PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Fragrance, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropyl Butylcarbamate, Citric Acid, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Root Powder.
CONDITIONER: Water, Cannabis Sativa Seed Oil, Polyglycerol-3 Beeswax, PET-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate (and) PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Phenoxyethanol (and) Caprylyl Glycol (and) Sorbic Acid, Astrocaryum Tucuma Seed Butter, Glycerin (and) Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Extract, Sodium Benzonate, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid, Fragrance, Xanthum Gum.
- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron and workspace.
- TO MAKE CONDITIONER:
- In a large glass mixing bowl, add 32.5 oz. of water.
- To the water, add 4 oz. of Lotion Bar Additive.
- Place bowl in microwave and heat until lotion bar additive is completely melted. This could take between 3-5 minutes.
- To water mixture, add in .65 oz. Tucuma Butter and 8 oz. Hemp Seed Oil. Gently stir to allow butter to soften.
- Using a stick blender, begin to blend. Continue blending until mixture is completely smooth and all products are incorporated, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Add .65 oz. Carrot Seed Extract and .65 oz. Shampure EO/FO fragrance oil to the water mixture and blend again for approximately 1-2 minutes.
- Remove approximately 4 oz. of the mixture and place in a small bowl or glass measuring cup. Add Xanthan Gum and stir to incorporate. Using stick blender, blend until completely smooth.
- Add Xanthan Gum mixture back into original mixture and blend using stick blender until fully mixed and completely smooth.
- Check temperature to be sure mixture is lower than 176°F. Add 1 oz. Optiphen Plus and blend for an additional 30 seconds.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let product thicken. This may take up to 24 hours.
- Pour conditioner into bottles. Cap and label bottles accordingly.
- TO MAKE SHAMPOO:
- In a large glass mixing bowl, add 48 oz. of Clear Conditioning Shampoo.
- Take a small amount of shampoo out of the bowl and place in a glass measuring cup.
- Stir 1 oz. of Carrot Powder in small bowl of shampoo base and whisk until smooth, removing any clumps.
- Add Carrot Powder mixture back to large bowl and blend well with whisk.
- Add 1 oz. of Shampure EO/FO fragrance oil and mix until incorporated.
- Pour 1 oz. of Bubble Wash Thickener in small glass bowl and heat in microwave until product reaches temperature over 122°F, approximately 10 seconds.
- Pour Bubble Wash Thickener into shampoo base mixture and stir until well blended.
- Pour mixture into bottles and cap immediately.
- TO USE: Depending on hair type, the conditioner can be used daily or once a week as a conditioning treatment.
Wholesale Supplies Plus is not responsible for the products you create
from our supplies. You alone are responsible for product and recipe
testing to ensure compatibility and safety.