- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- Cut 1 pound of soap into 2" squares. Place in a 32 oz microwave safe container and carefully melt.
- While the soap is melting, place 1 cup of oat scrub into a blender and quickly chop for 5-10 seconds. You do not want to turn the scrub into a powder but you do want it to be a finer texture.
- Remove soap from microwave and add 1/2 oz (1 Tablespoon) of fragrance.
- Place silicone mold on jelly roll pan.
- Add oatmeal to melted soap and gently stir to incorporate.
- Immediately pour soap into mold. It should be fairly hot. This will allow the oatmeal to settle to the bottom of the mold.
- When soap returns to room temperature, carefully unmold the soap.
- Repeat above steps until all 4 pounds of soap is made.
- Place two bars of soap in a cello bag and tie with stands of raffia.
- If you are selling this soap, label according to FDA label guidelines.