RECIPE: Pampering Hands Set
These 3 products are everything needed for beautiful hands. You can make 16 sets of Mango Cuticle Cream, Emulsified Sugar Scrub and Manicure Massage Oil. Package these in a lavender organza bag and you have created the perfect shower favor, teacher or hostess gift, or addition to your product line.
Project Level: Easy
Estimated Time: 1 Hour
Yield: 16 Gift Sets
INCI Ingredient Label: CUTICLE CREAM: Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Beeswax (or) Cera Alba, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Citrus Medica limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Tocopherol. SUGAR SCRUB: Sugar, Carthamus tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol (and) Polysorbate 60, Stearic Acid, Shorea (Sal) Butter, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter (and) Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Butter (and) Simmondsia Chinensis (jojoba) Seed Oil (and) Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Fruit, Fragrance, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol (and) Methylparaben (and) Ethylparaben (and) Butylparaben (and) Propylparaben (and) Isobutylparaben. MASSAGE OIL: Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil (and) Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract (and) Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract (and) Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract (and) Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan) Extract (and) Althaea Officinalis Root Extract, Fragrance.
- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- MANGO CUTICLE CREAM:
- To make this product, you can heat either in a microwave, a double boiler or directly on a stove top using low heat.
- Pour 1.5 oz. of White Beeswax Pastilles into a bowl and let product air out for 24 hours. The beewax has a slight odor and this will help eliminate that.
- Weigh 3.2 oz. sweet almond oil and place in glass mixing bowl. Place 1.5 oz. of beeswax into bowl with oil. Place in microwave and heat until the wax has completely melted. CAREFUL: Bowl will be hot.
- Or, place sweet almond oil and wax into a double boiler. Heat until the wax is completely melted. Remove from heat.
- If heating on stove top, place pan on low heat and heat oil and wax until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- To melted oil/wax mixture, add 1.2 oz. mango butter, 0.40 oz. sunflower and wheat germ oils. Let warm liquid melt butter. If mixture starts to thicken up, place briefly on heat source to warm product.
- Add 0.24 oz. Vitamin E and essential oil to mixture and blend together.
- For ease in pouring, pour mixture into plastic beaker. Then, pour into shallow tins.
- Once product has completely solidified, place lid on and label accordingly.
- TO USE: Rub cream into cuticle and all around nail area to moisturize.
- SUGAR SCRUB:
- On a burner over low heat or in a double boiler, heat Emulsifying Wax, Stearic Acid, Butters and Oils until completely melted.
- Take pan off the heat and add Vitamin E, Fragrance Oil and Phenonip. Stir well.
- Place pan in fridge or freezer until the edges start to harden against the pan and a layer forms on top.
- Using a hand mixer with a whisk attachment, whisk mixture until it turns creamy and opaque.
- If necessary, put mixture into a larger bowl to mix in the sugar.
- Add sugar and whisk until completely blended.
- Scoop into containers. Label accordingly.
- MANICURE MASSAGE OIL:
- Using a microwave glass container, weigh 0.5 oz.shea butter and add 4 oz. of the avocado oil.
- Heat for 60 seconds on high heat or until shea butter is fully melted.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into bottles and apply top. Label according to FDA Cosmetic Labeling Guidelines.
Wholesale Supplies Plus is not responsible for the products you create
from our supplies. You alone are responsible for product and recipe
testing to ensure compatibility and safety.