- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- Weigh 2 oz. of Extra Clear soap base and cut into small chunks. Place in glass measuring cup and heat in microwave until melted.
- Add 1.5 ml of fragrance oil. Cut off a small amount of the Matte Yellow soap color bar and add to the melted soap. Stir until dissolved into soap.
- Pour soap into the guest loaf mold. Let soap harden completely. Remove once soap has hardened.
- Melt another 2 oz. of the clear soap. Add 1.5 ml fragrance oil mix. Cut some of the blue soap color bar and mix into the soap.
- Pour this into the guest loaf mold and let soap completely harden. Remove from mold once soap has set up.
- For final color, again, melt 2 oz. of clear soap and 0.2 oz. of the white soap base. When soap has melted, add the Matte Red Soap Color Bar to this. The added white soap will make the red look coral in color.
- Using a vegetable peeler, make soap curls from each colored soap. Mix soap curls together and set aside.
- Weigh and cut up 8 oz. of white soap base. Place in glass measuring cup and heat in microwave until melted.
- Once melted, add 7 ml. fragrance oil and mix well.
- When temperature reaches about 130°F, pour a small amount into bottom of Guest Loaf Mold.
- Spritz some soap curls with rubbing alcohol and place enough in the mold to cover the bottom. Spritz these again with rubbing alcohol and pour more white soap base over them.
- Continue in this manner until the mold is full and all the curls have been used. There will be some curls sticking out of the top of the soap. Spritz the top of the soap with alcohol to release any surface air bubbles.
- Once soap has completely set up, remove from mold. Slice into 8 - 1 inch slices. Place one or two into cello bag and tie with matching ribbon.
- To customize, make soap curls in graduates school colors. Also makes great baby shower favor, bridal shower, etc.