- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- In a small glass bowl or plastic beaker, measure 1 oz. of fragrance and 1 oz. of Vanilla Color Stabilizer. Stir well and set aside.
- FOR PENGUIN FEET AND NOSE: Weigh 2.5oz of Extra Clear soap base and place in glass measuring cup. Heat soap in microwave or double boiler until completely melted.
- Once soap has melted, add 1.5ml of modified fragrance oil and mix in.
- Color the melted soap with Matte Yellow Liquid Color until a nice yellow color is achieved. Set aside.
- Place the Heart Guest Silicone on a cookie sheet.
- Divide yellow soap into the 9 cavities, pouring equally into each.
- Lightly spritz the top of the melted soap with rubbing alcohol. This will cause any surface bubbles to pop and give the soap a shiny surface.
- Set aside and allow to harden.
- Once the yellow hearts have hardened, remove them from the mold. Set aside 8 of the penguin feet.
- Using your soap cutter or a paring knife, cut the remaining heart into 8 triangle shapes creating the penguin noses.
- FOR THE PENGUIN BODY: Weigh and cut up 4 oz. of Ultra White Soap Base. Place in glass measuring cup. Heat in microwave until melted.
- Add 3.5ml of modified fragrance oil and mix well.
- Place the Cake Pop Silicone Mold on cookie sheet. Prop it at an almost 90° angle. You can use craft putty as a prop or you can use another silicone mold turned upside down. We used the Silicone Loaf Mold for the prop.
- Pour a small amount of soap into each cavity of the angled mold. Lightly mist the top of the soap with alcohol to dissolve any surface bubbles. Set aside and allow soap to harden.
- Once soap has hardened, remove the prop and lay the Cake Pop mold flat on the cookie sheet.
- Weigh 6 oz. of Extra Clear soap and cut into chunks. Place in glass measuring cup and heat in microwave until melted.
- Add 5 ml of modified fragrance oil to melted soap and gently stir.
- Color the melted soap with Matte Black Liquid Color until a nice black color is achieved. Set aside.
- When the melted soap reaches 125°, spritz the top of the white soap in the mold with alcohol. Be generous as this is what helps the 2 layers stick together.
- Now pour black melted soap into the molds. Spritz the top again with alcohol.
- TO ATTACH THE PENGUIN FEET:
- While the soap in the mold is still liquid, apply a fine mist spray of rubbing alcohol to the yellow heart soaps and place one heart on the top of each "penguin" cavity. Again, be generous with spritzing.
- Set aside and allow soap to harden. Unmold when soap is completely set up.
- FOR PENGUIN EYES AND NOSES:
- Using a sharp pointed instrument, such as a toothpick or a cake decorating tool, carve two eye cavities into each penguin.
- Place any leftover black soap in the microwave and heat until melted (about 15 seconds). (Note: if there is no leftover soap, melt 1 oz. of clear and add more black color.)
- Using a plastic dropper, drop the melted black soap into the eye cavities you created until they are filled (approx 2-5 drops each).
- Place one drop of melted soap on one of the nose pieces and stick this to the face of the penguin. Note: you may need to hold the nose in place for a few seconds until the melted soap sets up).
- If there are any excess dribbles of black soap on the penguins face, simply spritz with alcohol and wipe off with a paper towel.
- Package your penguins and label accordingly.