- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- Weigh 16 oz. of clear soap base (1/2 of 2 lb soap tray). Cut into smaller chunks and place in glass measuring cup.
- Remove 1 square from the red color bar. Cut square into fourths and add 1 piece to the cut up soap.
- Place cup in microwave and heat until melted - about 1 minute.
- If red color bar is not completely dissolved, heat for additional 15 seconds. Stir well.
- Place silicone tray mold on top of cookie sheet. This will make it easier to move once you have poured your soap.
- Pour red soap into the 12 Rectangle Tray Silicone Mold. Place in freezer to set up - approximately 20 minutes.
- Once soap has hardened, turn over mold and carefully remove soap.
- Break soap into 12 rectangles. Slice into small chunks. They don't need to be all the same size. Set chunks aside.
- Weigh 24 oz. of white soap (3-8oz squares from 2 lb tray) and cut into chunks. Place chunks into large glass measuring cup.
- Place cup in microwave and heat until soap is completely melted. Stir soap to be sure all pieces have dissolved
- To melted soap, add 1 oz. or 2 Tablespoons Peppermint Stick fragrance oil. Stir well.
- Check that soap temprature is around 125°-130°F.
- Pour about 3/4 of the white soap into the tray mold.
- Spritz red soap chunks generously with alcohol. Sprinkle red chunks over the white soap filling entire tray. If soap has started to thicken, push chunks down into white soap but be sure to leave some sticking out of the soap.
- Drizzle remaining white soap over red chunks. Do not completely cover, let some chunks stick out of top of soap.
- Sprinkle glitter over top of soap. Let soap completely harden.
- Once soap has set up, turn mold over onto counter top and gently press soap out of mold.
- Cut soap on scored lines and turn over. Cut each piece in half diagonally to create the triangle bar pieces.
- Package as desired. Some suggestions are: cello bags tied with holiday ribbon, candy boxes with windows, small tin tie bags with windows.