- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you were a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- Carefully weigh all dry ingredients and add to a glass bowl. Gently mix with a wire whisk to incorporate all ingredients.
- In a beaker add 5ml Peppermint Cream Fragrance Oil and 5ml Vanilla Color Stabilizer. Stir together to blend. Allow to sit for 5 minutes before use.
- Add fragrance and stabilizer mix to the dry mix and carefully mix together.
- Add liquid ingredients slowly while kneading ingredients together. The mixture will begin to take on the consistency of dough.
- When the mixture begins to hold together in your hand, split the batch in half and place half of the dough in a second bowl.
- To the first bowl, add the stained glass santa red liquid color (about 10-15 drops). Put on gloves and knead dough to incorporate color. You can add more color if you wish. Just be careful not to over color the dough or it may stain when used.
- Divide the Red dough into two equal parts and roll out the dough into two logs of equal size.
- Divide the white dough into two equal parts and roll out the dough into two logs of equal size.
- Place a sheet of wax paper on your counter or table top. Combine all four logs alternating colors to create a swirled peppermint stick. Carefully work the dough, rolling and squeezing until the log is approximately 1 ½” in diameter and 20” long.
- Cut log in half and carefully transfer the 2 logs to a wax paper lined cookie sheet. Allow the logs to dry for 1-4 hours.
- Once the logs have been drying for at least 1 hour carefully transfer them to a clean flat surface. Slice the logs into 10 slices each that are ¾” to 1” thick.
- Place the slices on a wax paper lined cookie sheet and set aside to harden. Flip the slices after 3 days to allow both sides to dry and harden. It may take up to 3-7 days for the bubble cakes to dry completely.
- To package place one Peppermint Bubble Cake in the center of each cello bag. Tie ends with white curling ribbon. Trim the ends so that they look like peppermint candies. You may want to include a warning that this is soap and not candy.
- TO USE: Crumble under running warm water as you fill the tub. One bar is good for one bath. The stronger your water pressure, the more bubbles you will make. To get the most out of your bubble bars, keep them in a cool, dry place.