RECIPE: Peppermint and Rosemary Shampoo Bar
This shampoo bar is infused with natural botanicals and essential oils. Peppermint and Rosemary are thought to promote hair growth by stimulating blood flow to the hair follicles. This shampoo bar is sure to wake up your morning routine!
Project Level: Easy
Estimated Time: Under 6 Hours
Yield: (3) 4.5 oz. Bars
INCI Ingredient Label: Propylene Glycol, Sorbitol, Water, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Laurate, Argania spinosa (Argan) Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil,
Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract (and) Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract (and) Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract (and) Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan) Extract (and) Althaea Officinalis Root Extract, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Hydrolyzed Silk, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Honey, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Sodium Benzonate, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Leaf, Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Mentha Piperia (Peppermint) Oil, Benzophenone-4, Triethanolamine, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Green 5, Yellow 5.
- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- Place 5 oz. Olive Oil – Extra Virgin, 1 TBS Rosemary Botanical and 1 TBS Peppermint Botanical in double boiler. Simmer for 2 minutes. Turn off heat, cover and let steep for 2-2 ½ hours. Strain oil and place in glass jar. This recipe only calls for 1 TBS of infused oil. The remaining infused oil can be stored for use in other projects.
- Weigh 1 lb. Shave & Shampoo MP Soap Base. Cut into 1” cubes and place in microwave safe bowl/measuring cup. Heat in microwave for 30-60 seconds, stir and heat again in 30 second increments until all soap is melted.
- Add 2 TBS Lathanol Powder and whisk vigorously until dissolved.
- Add 1 TBS Olive Oil Infusion, 10 mL Rosemary EO 714 and 5 mL Peppermint EO 712. Stir until all oils are mixed into the soap.
- Add 8-10 drops of Stained Glass Forest Green Liquid Color and stir to evenly distribute.
- Place mold on cookie sheet to provide stability. Pour soap evenly into all 3 cavities. Spritz tops with alcohol to pop any surface bubbles. Set aside until soap has hardened.
- Unmold and wrap with plastic wrap to prevent sweating. Label and enjoy.
- To Use: Lather soap in hands and gently massage into hair and scalp. Rinse and follow with conditioner. Style as usual.
Wholesale Supplies Plus is not responsible for the products you create
from our supplies. You alone are responsible for product and recipe
testing to ensure compatibility and safety.