- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- Each slot for your picture is 2" x 3". To download your picture:
- YOU MUST USE A LASER PRINTER TO PRINT ON THE EMBED PAPER. Here is a link for the template: http://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com/PDFs/Labels/Class_of_2013.pdf
- Save a copy of your photo that is 2"x3", then place into the word template. Simply click within each box, then choose "Insert" from the top menu. Choose the option to insert a photo. Then select the photo you had saved and place it in.
- This will place the picture into the template and will print the perfect size to embed in the soap. You can then cut out the pictures to fit into the soap molds.
- Weigh 2 oz. of crystal clear soap. Place in plastic beaker. Add 1/2 cube of Yellow Gold Sparkle Color Bar.
- Place in microwave and heat until completely melted. Stir soap mixing the gold color into the soap.
- Fill a plastic dropper with gold soap and fill the thinnest strip of the Deco It-Macrame Silicone Mold. Let soap harden, about 5 minutes, and remove from mold.
- After filling strip, place plastic dropper into cup of warm water. Squeeze dropper so it fills with warm water. This keeps soap from hardening in dropper so it can be reused.
- When ready to continue making another strip of gold, squeeze out the water from the plastic dropper. If gold soap has hardened, place plastic beaker in microwave for about 6-8 seconds.
- Continue making until you have 8 strips. You will need 2 strips per picture frame.
- Turn blue silicone mold upside down. Place 4 strips along the outsides of the cavity, framing like a picture. Taking a soap cutter, cut the strips diagonally across the cavity from one corner to another.
- Repeat with other side, starting at top right hand corner and cutting across to bottom left corner. This will ensure the frame pieces fit together when placed in soap mold. Pieces should fit together at a 90° angle.
- Continue until all 4 picture frames are cut into diagonal pieces. Place frame pieces together to be sure they fit properly. Cut to fit if they are not.
- Turn soap mold over and place on cookie sheet. This will give mold stability if it needs to be moved.
- Weigh 2 oz. of crystal clear soap in a plastic beaker.
- Take the first gold frame pieces and spritz them all over with rubbing alcohol.
- Pour a thin layer of soap into the first cavity. Immediately place frame pieces, design-side down into the mold being sure all corners are even. Spritz again with alcohol.
- Do this with remaining 3 soap cavities. Heat soap slightly if it starts to harden. Let soap harden in mold.
- Melt another 2 oz. of crystal clear soap in plastic beaker. Spritz tops of soap in each cavity with alcohol. Pour thin layer of soap over each and immediately place picture upside down into soap. Press gently so picture is absorbed with liquid soap. Spritz top with alcohol.
- Continue until all 4 cavities are finished. Let soap harden.
- Weigh 18 oz. of white soap and cut up into chunks. Place in glass measuring cup. Heat in microwave until completely melted.
- Add .5 oz. (1 Tbsp) of fragrance oil and mix into melted soap. When soap temperature reaches 125°F or less, you are ready to pour.
- Spritz tops of each soap cavity with alcohol. Pour white soap to the top of each cavity. Spritz again with alcohol.
- When soap has completely hardened, remove from mold. Gently pull mold away from sides of soap, turn over and gently press on bottom to release bar.
- You now have a beautiful soap embedded with a very special photo.
- Packaging suggestion: Wrap soaps with clear saran wrap and add label to back.
- Repeat above steps to make additional 4 bars of soap.