- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- In a metal pot, place 2 oz. each of White Beeswax and Palm Kernel Flakes.
- Over low heat on stove, heat until completely melted.
- Remove from heat and stir to make sure everything is completely melted.
- Add 12 ml of essential oil and mix well.
- Check that the wax temperature is at or below 150° F. If the wax is too hot, it may warp the plastic mold.
- Pour the melted wax, dividing evenly between the 8 tart cavities. Once wax begins to set up, place in freezer for about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and turn mold over. Tarts should pop right out of mold.
- If necessary, remelt remaining wax in pot. Pour wax in mold cavities and place in freezer to set up.
- Repeat above steps 2-6 to make another batch of tarts.
- The directions are designed to make 3 batches of tarts rather than 1 large batch because the wax will need to be reheated too many times.
- We placed 4 pine scented tarts in a drawstring muslin bag. These can be used in your car, drawers, closets or place in your holiday centerpieces.
- Caution should be used to not leave in hot cars over 80° F. Scents should last for about 30 days.