- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- Using a scale, weigh 9 oz. of the Detergent Free Goat Milk Soap base. Cut up into chunks and place in glass measuring cup.
- Heat soap in microwave until melted. Heat for 30 seconds. Remove and stir. Continue for 10-15 second intervals if soap is not completely melted.
- Add 7 ml. fragrance oil and stir.
- Place guest round silicone on cookie sheet for stability. Pour melted soap into 6 soap cavities. Spritz top of each with rubbing alcohol to release any surface bubbles. Allow soap to set up.
- Weigh 12 oz. of the Detergent Free Clear Soap base. Cut into chunks and place in large glass measuring cup. Heat in microwave until soap is completely melted.
- Once melted, add 10 ml. of fragrance oil and 2 Tbsp. liquid glycerin. Stir gently.
- Pour out a small amount of the clear soap, about .5-1 oz, and set aside in plastic beaker. (This will be for the black centers of the poppies).
- To remaining 11 oz. of clear soap, add desired amount of Matte Americana Red.
- Once this color is mixed, pour into a thin layer covering the Jelly Roll Pan. Spritz with alcohol and allow to set up.
- Unmold white soap from guest round cavities and set aside. Wash and dry soap mold for next step.
- To small beaker of clear soap poured earlier, add desired amount of Matte Black powder. (If soap has hardened, remelt before adding color.)
- Pour black soap into 2-3 of the round cavities. These should also be fairly thin layers of soap. Spritz with alcohol and allow to set up.
- Once the red soap has hardened, remove entire piece from the Jelly Roll pan. Then, use the Flower Cutters to cut out the shapes.
- For each of our poppies, we used 2 of the large cutters, 2 of the medium and made the center using the smallest cutter. For the center of the flower, cut out a hole in one of the medium flowers with the smallest flower cutter. The black center will slide right into this hole.
- Cut and assemble the flowers however you wish. To "glue" them together, melt the leftover red soap from the Jelly Roll pan. Spritz the pieces with alcohol to ensure the soap pieces stick together. Use the melted soap as a "glue" to stick the pieces together.
- With remaining goat milk soap, you can make another 6 poppy flowers. There should be plenty of red soap left to cut out more flowers.
- Package soaps as desired and label accordingly.