RECIPE: Pumpkin Pie Squares Soap
Don't put these soaps out on your kitchen table because they will be eaten! They look that real! The pumpkin pie fragrance makes these irresistible.
Project Level: Moderate
Estimated Time: 1 Hour
Yield: 6 - 6.5 oz. bars
INCI Ingredient Label: Sorbitol, Propylene Glycol, Water, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Myristate, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Meal, Silica, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Triethanolamine, Glycerin, Titanium Dioxide, Fragrance, Mica (and) Iron Oxides, Benzophenone-4, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Orange 4.
- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- Place silicone soap mold on cookie sheet for stability and ease of moving.
- For Crust: Cut up 6 oz. of oatmeal soap base and place in glass measuring cup.
- Melt in microwave for around 1 minute. Stir to be sure soap is completely melted. Pour melted soap into the 6 cavities.
- For Filling: Cut up 28 oz. of clear suspension soap base, place in glass pyrex bowl and melt in microwave for about 2 minutes.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon Crafter's Choice Sparkle Copper Mica Powder. Mix with wire whisk until blended well. Add about 10 drops of Crafter's Choice Citrus Orange Liquid Dye and mix well.
- In plastic beaker, mix together 25ml (5 tsp) Crafter's Choice Perfect Pumpkin fragrance oil with 12.5ml (2.5 tsp) Vanilla Color Stabilizer. Mix well and add to melted soap.
- Spritz oatmeal layer with alcohol. This will make the second layer of soap adhere to the "crust".
- Pour "pumpkin filling" over oatmeal soap leaving about 1/4" for topping. Fill all 6 cavities and then spritz with alcohol to release any bubbles.
- For Topping: Cut up 8 oz. ultra white soap base and melt in microwave. Add 1 oz. liquid glycerin.
- When temperature of soap cools to about 135-140 degrees, start mixing soap with hand mixer.
- Mix until soap starts to get frothy and thicken slightly.
- Very quickly, pour or spoon soap topping over the top of each bar. It should spread easily. Then take a spoon and gently make little peaks in the topping. It will harden quickly so this entire step needs to be done quickly.
- Once you have the peaks, sprinkle the sparkle mica over the top to finish off your pumpkin squares.
- NOTE: If the topping hardens too quickly, melt in microwave for about 10 seconds. Mix for about 10-15 seconds and if frothy, pour over soap.
- Let cool completely. For unmolding, gently pull mold away from sides of the soap. From underneath, gently push on bottom of bar and release the soap.
- Packaging Ideas: Wrap with saran wrap, affix label to bottom of soap. Tie with simple ribbon or raffia. Wrap soap with saran wrap and place in candy box with window or small plastic containers used by bakeries.
Wholesale Supplies Plus is not responsible for the products you create
from our supplies. You alone are responsible for product and recipe
testing to ensure compatibility and safety.