- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- In plastic beaker, mix 1.5 oz. fragrance with 1.5 oz. Vanilla Color Stabilizer. Mix well and set aside. This fragrance contains 14% vanilla and needs the stabilizer to prevent soap from turning brown.
- Weigh and cut up 8.5 oz. of clear soap base. Place in glass measuring cup.
- Melt in microwave or double boiler until soap has completely melted. Shave off some of the blue color bar and add to melted soap. Stir until completely dissolved. For best results, color should be dark blue.
- Add .25 oz. or 7 ml. of "Sweet on Paris" fragrance oil mixture. Blend completely into soap.
- Place Hearts and Lips Tube Mold on a cookie sheet. This will give mold stability should it need to be moved. Pour soap into 12 of the small heart cavities on the mold. Spritz tops with alcohol and let soap set up.
- Once soap has completely hardened, carefully remove from molds. Press on bottom of cavity to release air pocket surrounding soap. Once air pocket is released, continue to push from bottom until soap is far enough out of the mold to grab hold and pull from top.
- When all 12 have been removed, using a soap cutter, slice them in half to make the raindrops.
- In plastic beaker, melt 1 oz. of clear soap. Spritz the ends of two raindrop tubes with alcohol. Dip each end in the clear soap and stick the ends together. Hold until soap hardens.
- Continue until you have 10 long raindrop sticks.
- Weigh 35 oz. of white soap base. Cut into chunks and place in large glass measuring cup. Heat in microwave or double boiler until soap is completely melted.
- Add blue color bar shavings to melted soap until you have a nice sky blue shade. Add 1 oz. of fragrance mixture and mix well.
- Check that soap temperature is at or below 130°F. Pour small amount of soap into the bottom of the loaf mold. Spritz two or three raindrop sticks all over with alcohol and place in the bottom of the mold. You may need to hold in place until soap hardens around them.
- Once soap hardens, repeat above step adding more raindrops in layers until all sticks are embedded in the soap. Be sure to spritz well before pouring each layer so they all stick together.
- Finish off top of loaf with remaining soap. Remelt if necessary. Spritz with alcohol.
- FOAM CLOUD: Weigh 6 oz. of white soap, cut up into chunks and place in glass measuring cup. Heat in microwave until melted.
- Add 3 ml. of fragrance to melted soap and stir.
- Using hand mixer, whip soap until it doubles in size (about 1 min).
- Spritz loaf top heavily with alcohol. Pour whipped soap on top of loaf until it is just overflowing.
- Let soap set up at room temperature about 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- When completely set, gently pull sides of the mold away from soap. Turn mold over and gently push from bottom until loaf releases.
- Place loaf in mitre box, if available, and cut into 1 inch slices. Wrap soap and label accordingly.