RECIPE: Red Heart Cupcake Bath Fizzy
Make these adorable red heart bath fizzies for Valentine's Day or for any other special occasion. Change the color of the frosting to match the bride's wedding colors for the perfect shower favor. The added shea butter make these bath fizzies extra moisturizing.
Project Level: Difficult
Estimated Time: 1 Hour
Yield: 20 Bath Fizzies
INCI Ingredient Label: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Fragrance, Red 40. FROSTING: Propylene Glycol, Sorbitol, Glycerin, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Myristate, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Water, Disodium Lauryl sulfosuccinate, Stearic Acid, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Sodium Chloride, Diazolidinyl Urea (and) Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Triethanolamine, Titanium Dioxide, Fragrance.
- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- We recommend making this recipe in 2 batches. If bath fizzy mixture sits too long, it will start to harden up.
- Place silicone mold on cookie sheet. This will help keep work area clean and catch any excess bath fizzy mixture.
- In large glass bowl, measure out 1 1/2 cups of citric acid and 3 cups of baking soda. Mix together with wire whisk.
- In small glass bowl, add 1 teaspoon of shea butter. Place in microwave and heat on medium heat until melted.
- Drizzle shea butter over powder mixture. Add 6 ml of fragrance and gently mix with wire whisk.
- With gloved hands, start to spritz mixture with alcohol. Spray with one hand and mix with other.
- Continue to spritz until mixture sticks together in palm of hand like wet sand.
- Immediately start to fill mold cavities, packing mixture down as they are filled.
- There will be mixture left over after the 6 cavities are filled.
- Once mixture has hardened, about 1.5 hours, gently remove from mold. Whisk leftover mixture in bowl and spritz a little more alcohol if mixture has dried out.
- Fill cavities with remaining mixture.
- Once first batch is finished, repeat directions above with remaining product.
- Once all cupcakes are made, follow recipe to make soap frosting. The Bella's Kiss can be substituted for the Vanilla Almond fragrance oil. Add Bath Bomb Red Powder Color until desired shade is reached.
- Using a piping bag or Decorator Pro, pipe frosting onto each cupcake fizzy.
- Any extra frosting can be stored in a tupperware container. When ready to use, heat slightly and whip with hand mixer.
- We recommend packaging 1 bath fizzy per bag and tie with curling ribbons.
- Label accordingly.
Wholesale Supplies Plus is not responsible for the products you create
from our supplies. You alone are responsible for product and recipe
testing to ensure compatibility and safety.