- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- Place a large glass bowl on a scale and tare to zero. Add 50 oz.of water to bowl.
- Weigh 2.56 oz. of Stearic Acid and 3.5 oz. of Emulsifying Wax and add these to the water.
- Place bowl into microwave and heat water until the stearic and wax have completely melted. This may take around 8-10 minutes depending on wattage of your microwave. Waxes must be completely melted for the lotion to emulsify properly.
- When completely melted, stir mixture well.
- Add 5 oz. Argan Butter, 2 oz. Rose Water Hydrosol, 2 oz. Camelina Oil and 2 oz. Sesame Seed Oil. Gently stir to allow butter to soften and melt.
- Using a stick blender or hand mixer, begin to blend ingredients. Continue blending until mixture starts to thicken. This may take at least 5 minutes. As the product starts to cool, it will become thicker. Mixture can also set on counter for a short period while it cools if the mixing becomes tedious.
- Once the mixture starts to thicken, add 2 oz. of Isopropyl Myristate, 0.5 oz. of Geranium Essential Oil and 0.5 oz. Rosemary Oleoresin Extract (ROE). Blend to incorporate additives.
- Once additves are mixed in well, turn off mixer. Check temperature of lotion to be sure it is below 176°F. Add the 0.70 oz. of Optiphen Plus preservative. If the lotion temperature is over 176°F, the preservative will be ineffective.
- Blend lotion to incorporate the preservative.
- Place one bottle on a scale and tare to zero. Pour lotion into bottle until the scale reads 7.75 oz. Continue with remaining bottles until all are filled. Product will thicken as it cools. Leave pumps off until lotion has cooled completely.
- Trim dip tubes with scissors to fit bottles and place in lotion.
- Label product accordingly.