- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- Place a large glass bowl on a scale and tare to zero. Add 48 ounces of water to bowl.
- Weigh the 2.56 ounces of Stearic Acid and 3.5 oz. of Emulsifying Wax and add these to the water.
- Place bowl into microwave and heat water until the stearic and wax have completely melted. This may take around 8-10 minutes depending on wattage of your microwave. Waxes must be completely melted for the lotion to emulsify properly.
- When completely melted, stir mixture well.
- Add 5 oz. Argan Butter, 2 oz. Rosemary Water Hydrosol, 2 oz. Camelina Oil and 2 oz. Sesame Seed Oil. Gently stir to allow butter to soften and melt.
- Using a stick blender or hand mixer, begin to blend ingredients. Continue blending until mixture starts to thicken. This may take at least 5 minutes. As the product starts to cool, it will become thicker. Mixture can also set on counter for a short period while it cools if the mixing becomes tedious.
- Once the mixture starts to thicken, add 2 oz. of Isopropyl Myristate, 1 oz. of Revitalizing Rosemary Mint and 0.5 oz. Rosemary Oleoresin Extract (ROE). Blend to incorporate additives.
- Once additves are mixed in well, turn off mixer. Check temperature of lotion to be sure it is below 176°F. Add the 0.70 oz. of Optiphen Plus preservative. If the lotion temperature is over 176°F, the preservative will be ineffective.
- Blend lotion to incorporate the preservative.
- Pour lotion into all 8 green bullet bottles. Product will thicken as it cools. Leave pumps off until lotion has cooled completely.
- Trim dip tubes with scissors to fit bottles and place on lotion.
- Label product accordingly.