- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- FOR RULER:
- In 2 plastic beakers, pour 1 oz. of glyercin. Add 1/4 oz. each of yellow and black pigment.
- Mix powder into liquid with plastic spoon. Taking mini-mixer, thoroughly blend pigments into glycerin.
- Weigh 8 oz.(1/4 of 2# tray) Detergent Free Shea Soap base. Cut into smaller chunks and place in glass measuring cup.
- Heat in microwave until completely melted. Remove and stir.
- Add yellow liquid dye mixture until desired shade is achieved. Stir well.
- Add 7 ml of Crafter's Choice Monkey Fart's fragrance oil and mix well.
- Place loaf mold on jelly roll pan to give mold stability.
- Pour yellow soap into mold and allow to set up.
- When soap is set, unmold and cut into 4 bars that are 4" x 1.25".
- Carve lines and numbers into soap to create the ruler look. You can use a toothpick or a wooden skewer to carve the soap.
- Weigh 1 oz. of clear soap base and cut into small pieces. Place in glass measuring cup and heat in microwave until melted.
- Add desired amount of black liquid pigment/glycerin mixture and stir well.
- Spritz yellow soap bar with alcohol and pour a few drops of black soap over the bar. Use the toothpick/skewer to smooth soap over carved areas.
- Wipe excess soap off with a clean paper towel. If soap is too thick/hard to remove, spritz again with alcohol and apply medium pressure in sweeping motions to remove soap.
- Spritz finished soap ruler with alcohol to minimize any wipe marks or fingerprints from soap.
- Repeat above steps to make next set of 4 rulers. When finished, you should have 16 ruler soap bars.
- FOR ERASERS:
- In plastic beaker, add 1 oz. of glycerin. Add 1/4 teaspoon of Neon Tutti Frutti Dye powder and with plastic spoon, gently blend powder into liquid.
- Use mini-mixer to blend powder thoroughly with gycerin.
- Weigh 9 oz. of shea soap, cut into chunks and place in glass measuring cup.
- Heat in microwave until melted.
- Add pink dye mixture to melted soap until desired shade of pink is reached. Add 7 ml of fragrance and blend well.
- Pour into mold dividing soap into 8 cavities. Let soap set up.
- Remove soap from mold. Using a soap cutter, slice ends on an angle to look like actual eraser.
- Following Step #9 above, carve the word ERASER into the soap using a toothpick or wooden skewer.
- If you have no more black soap left from rulers, melt another 1 oz. of clear soap and add black liquid dye mixture.
- Spritz pink soap bar with alcohol and pour a few drops of black soap over the bar. Use the toothpick/skewer to smooth soap over letters.
- Wipe excess soap off with a clean paper towel. Spritz finished soap ruler with alcohol to minimize any wipe marks or fingerprints from soap.
- Repeat above steps to make additional 8 erasers.
- Package 1 ruler and 1 eraser in cello bags and tie with colorful ribbons.
- Label soap accordingly.