RECIPE: Scrubby Kitchen Hand Soap and Hand Lotion Set
This set will keep your hands feeling soft and moisturized. The liquid soap contains flax seed for a mild exfoliant and alfalfa powder contains Vitamins C, D, E and K. The lotion contains Evening Primrose, which is a source of gamma-linolenic acid (GLA) along with the soothing properties of Aloe Vera Oil.
Project Level: Easy
Estimated Time: 1/2 Hour
Yield: (2) 8 oz. Hand Soap and Lotion
INCI Ingredient Label: LIQUID SOAP: Water, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Glycerin, Disodium Cocamido MIPA Sulfosuccinate, Propylene Glycol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Fragrance, Disodium DMDM Hydantoin, Alfalfa, Flax Seed Powder.
LOTION: Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Dimethicone, Mineral Oil, Glycerine, Fragrance, Coconut Oil, Aloe Vera, Petrolatum, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Carbomer, DI-C12-15 Alkyl Fumarate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Evening Primrose Oil, DMDM Hydantoin.
- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- FOR SOAP: Empty 16 oz. bottle of Liquid Suspension Soap Base into a glass measuring cup. To get all the product out of the bottle, carefully cut off the top part of the bottle and use a spatula to scrape the sides.
- Place measuring cup in microwave and heat for 40 seconds. Gently stir.
- Add 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp.) Alfalfa Powder and mix well with a wire whisk to incorporate.
- Add 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp.) Flax Seed Powder and blend in.
- Using a plastic dropper, add 9.5 ml Cucumber, Violet & Fennel Fragrance Oil.
- Pour liquid soap into 2 of the 8 oz. Amber Boston Round Bottles. A hint for pouring: hold the pour spout above the bottle opening about 1-2" rather than right on top of it. This allows the product to pour freely into the bottle and not get stuck in the opening.
- Fill to the shoulder of each bottle, then divide the remaining product between the 2 bottles.
- Trim dip tubes to fit length of bottles. Set aside until product has cooled completely before placing on bottles.
- Label product accordingly.
- FOR LOTION: Empty contents of 16 oz. jar of Moisturizing Lotion with Evening Primrose into a glass measuring cup with pour spout.
- Place in microwave and heat for 40 seconds. Remove and stir.
- In a plastic beaker, weigh out 0.50 oz. Aloe Vera Oil and 0.50 oz. Cucumber, Violet & Fennel Fragrance Oil. Add to lotion and blend well to incorporate.
- Pour into bottles using the same technique as for the liquid soap. This product is thicker so may be slightly harder to get into the bottle. Just hold lotion high above the bottle and pour slowly.
- Fill each bottle to the shoulder then top off if necessary.
- Let product cool completely before placing disc tops on bottles.
- Label product accordingly.
- Packaging Suggestion: Place one lotion and one liquid soap into a cello bag and tie with raffia or colored ribbon.
Wholesale Supplies Plus is not responsible for the products you create
from our supplies. You alone are responsible for product and recipe
testing to ensure compatibility and safety.