RECIPE: Sea Glass Guest Soaps
These summery guest soaps will remind you of the beach every time you wash with them.
Project Level: Moderate
Estimated Time: 1 Hour
Yield: 16 - 4oz. Bags of Soap
INCI Ingredient Label: Sodium Cocoate, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Stearate, Glycerin, Water, Sorbitol, Fragrance, Propylene Glycol, Benzophenone-4, Triethanolamine, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Green 5, Yellow 5, Blue 1, Red 33, Red 40, Yellow 6
- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- You will need to make 4 separate batches of soap in a jelly roll pan to make these soaps.
- Remove 2 lb. of soap from plastic soap tray. Cut 1 lb. (2 blocks) off of this 2 lb. tray.
- Cut soap into small chunks and place in large glass measuring cup. Place in microwave and heat until soap is completely melted.
- For Ocean Blue color, add 1 drop to melted soap. Add 1 Tbsp. (.5 oz) of fragrance oil and stir to incorporate.
- Pour soap into jelly roll pan and let completely set up.
- When soap has hardened, carefully remove from pan. Using a soap cutter, cut soap into various, rounded shapes. Each piece will be different and unique.
- Repeat above steps for the next color. Clear soap will have only fragrance oil, no color. Green soap should have 7 drops of color and 1 Tbsp. fragrance.
- For amber color, mix .5 ml of Matte Brown Liquid Pigment and 6 drops of Sunflower Yellow Liquid Dye in a plastic beaker.
- To 16oz. of clear soap, add 1 drop of amber color, 1 Tablespoon of fragrance and blend in. Pour into jelly roll pan and let soap set up.
- After each color is made, cut up into pieces as in Step #7.
- Using a scale, weigh 4 oz. of various colored soap. Place these into organza bags. All 4 trays of soap should yield approx. 16 - 4 oz. bags.
- Label product accordingly.
Wholesale Supplies Plus is not responsible for the products you create
from our supplies. You alone are responsible for product and recipe
testing to ensure compatibility and safety.