- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- Using a soap cutter (not a sharp knife), carefully cut soap into 1-2" cubes.
- Slowly melt 1 pound of soap in the microwave.
- While soap is melting, add 1 Tablespoon of liquid glycerin in each beaker cup.
- Add .5 teaspoon blue color to one beaker. Add .5 teaspoon green color to the second beaker. Mix well.
- When soap is fully melted, remove from the microwave and add 1/2 oz of fragrance. Mix well.
- Add blue color and mix well.
- Pour soap into two of the basic rectangle mold cavities.
- Repeat the process again except color with the green soap.
- Allow soap to naturally cool and return to room temperature.
- Un-mold colored soap and cut into 1/2" cubes.
- Heat 2 pounds of clear soap in microwave.
- When fully melted add 1 oz of fragrance and mix well.
- Allow soap to cool to 130º F.
- Pour 1/2 of soap into the loaf mold.
- Sprinkle with glitter.
- Using Rubbing Alcohol, spray a fine mist of rubbing alcohol on the cubes of colored soap.
- Place the cubes into the mold filled with clear soap.
- Continue to stack cubes and pour clear soap over cubes. Make sure you spritz all cubes of soap with rubbing alcohol. This allows the different layers and colors of soap to adhere to each other.
- When mold is fully filled with soap, allow soap loaf to cool overnight.
- Repeat process to make second loaf of soap.
- Cut the loaf into bars and wrap in plastic wrap. Label according to the FDA Cosmetic Labeling Guidelines.