RECIPE: Shimmery Berry Vanilla MP Loaf Soap
This sparkling and shimmery soap is a perfect addition to your Holiday product line. Would also make a perfect favor for a little girls birthday party, too! The enticing aroma of sugar and berries is sure to make this a favorite!
Project Level: Moderate
Estimated Time: 1 Hour
Yield: (8) 1" Slices
INCI Ingredient Label: Sorbitol, Coconut Oil, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Stearic Acid, Water, Sodium Hydroxide, Silica, Myristic Acid, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Madagascar Vanilla Bean Seeds, Fragrance, Titanium Dioxide, Fluorphlogopite, Tin Oxide, Sodium Cocoate, Sodium Stearate, Glycerin, Mica, Iron Oxide.
- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- Weigh 22 oz. of Crystal Clear MP Soap Base and cut up into chunks. Place chunks into a large glass measuring cup. Place in microwave and heat in 30 second increments until the soap has completely melted.
- In plastic beaker, mix 18 ml Berry Vanilla Fragrance Oil with 9 ml Vanilla Color Stabilizer. Let mixture sit for 2 minutes.
- Cut the Fruit Punch Red Sparkle Soap Cube into 4 pieces. Place 1 of the 4 pieces into the melted soap along with the fragrance/stabilizer mixture. Blend well until color has completely melted in.
- Pour soap into the Round Ball 7/8" Silicone Soap Mold 1803 and spritz the tops of the soaps with rubbing alcohol to release any surface bubbles. Let soap harden. To quicken this process, place mold in freezer for about 30 minutes.
- Remove soap "berries" from mold and set aside. Remelt remaining soap in measuring cup and fill the Round Ball 7/8" Silicone Soap Mold 1803 again. (There will be extra soap left over to be used later.) Spritz again with alcohol and let harden.
- Weigh and cut up 16 oz. of Goat Milk MP Soap Base and place in clean glass measuring cup. Heat in microwave in 30 second increments until the soap has melted.
- In plastic beaker, mix 15 ml Berry Vanilla Fragrance Oil with 7.5 ml Vanilla Color Stabilizer. Let mixture sit for 2 minutes then add to melted soap.
- Place the Regular Loaf Silicone Mold 1501 on flat surface. Pour half of the melted goat milk soap into the mold and spritz with alcohol. Let harden.
- Weigh and cut up 10 oz. of Crystal Clear MP Soap Base and heat in microwave until melted.
- Add (2) 0.15 ml Micro Size Scoops of Highlight White Red Mica Powder and mix well.
- In plastic beaker, mix 8 ml Berry Vanilla Fragrance Oil with 4 ml Vanilla Color Stabilizer-MP Soap. Let mixture sit for 2 minutes then add to melted soap.
- Spritz the goat milk soap in the loaf mold with rubbing alcohol. When soap temperature cools down to 130°F, pour a thin layer of clear soap into the mold. Taking a small handful of berries, spritz those with alcohol and add to the clear soap. Continue to layer in this manner until all the berries are added. Add the rest of the clear to top off the berries. Spritz, again, with alcohol and let harden.
- Remelt the remaining goat milk soap from Step 6. Be sure soap temperature is not over 130°F. Spritz soap in mold with alcohol and pour in the goat milk soap. Spritz and allow to harden.
- Remelt remaining pink soap left from making soap "berries" Using a hand mixer, whip the soap until it starts to fluff up and thicken. Spritz soap in mold with rubbing alcohol and quickly pour whipped soap on top spreading out to the edges. Sprinkle top with (1) 0.15 ml Micro Size Scoop of Highlight White Red Mica Powder.
- Once soap has set up, carefully remove from mold.
- Using a mitre box, if available, slice soap into 1" slices and wrap soap in plastic wrap so that it is airtight.
- Label product accordingly.
Wholesale Supplies Plus is not responsible for the products you create
from our supplies. You alone are responsible for product and recipe
testing to ensure compatibility and safety.