- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- In a large bowl, add 48 ounces of water.
- Add to water, stearic acid and emulsifying wax.
- Place the bowl in microwave and heat until the stearic acid and wax is completely melted. This could take between 3-5 minutes.
- While waxes are melting, weigh out the butter and oils.
- To the water mixture, add the Shea Butter, Coconut Oil and Safflower Oil. Gently stir to allow butter to soften.
- Using a stick blender, begin to blend. Continue blending until mixture starts to thicken. This may take a few minutes. If mixture does not seem to be thickening up, let mixture cool down a little and then start to blend again.
- Once mixture begins to thicken, turn blender off.
- Mix 19 ml Marshmallow Fragrance Oil with 19 ml. Vanilla Color Stabilizer. Mix well.
- To lotion, add Vitamin E and fragrance mixture. Continue blending for 1 minute.
- Check temperature of lotion to be sure it is under 176°F. Add Optiphen Plus preservative and blend until fully mixed.
- Add Shimmering White Clouds Mica Powder. We found it best to mix in by hand and then stick blend to get rid of any clumps.
- Pour lotion into bottles. If lotion is too thick to pour, use a pastry bag or zip lock bag (cutting off a corner) and pipe lotion into the bottles.
- Let lotion cool completely before capping so that condensation does not form on the inside of the bottles.
- Label product according to FDA regulations.