- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- Remove entire 2 lbs. of goat milk soap from the plastic tray. Cut up into chunks and place in large glass measuring cup.
- Place in microwave and heat until soap is completely melted. Remove from oven and stir to be sure all chunks are dissolved.
- Add 2 tablespoons or 1 oz. of fragrance oil. Mix well into soap.
- Pour soap into silicone loaf mold that has been placed on a cookie sheet. This will enable mold to be moved if necessary.
- Spritz top of soap with alcohol to dissolve any surface bubbles.
- Let soap harden completely.
- In 3 separate glass bowls, melt 4oz. of clear soap in each.
- To melted soap add a different mica powder to each bowl of soap. Add mica until desired shade is achieved. About 1/2 teaspoon of color should be enough. Stir to mix in well.
- Add 3.5 ml of fragrance to each color. Stir.
- Spritz top of goat milk soap with alcohol. Immediately pour first color over soap. Follow with second color, moving color back and forth as you pour.
- Follow with third color pouring in the same fashion. Spritz top of soap with alcohol.
- Let soap set up at room temperature or mold can be placed in freezer to speed up the process.
- Remove from mold once soap has set up. Slice soap into 1 inch slices using mitre box, if available.
- Wrap and label soap accordingly.