RECIPE: Snow Balls Soap
What to do on a snow day with kids? Make snow balls! They will be happy to wash up after playing outside in the real snow with these look-a-likes!
Project Level: Easy
Estimated Time: 1 Hour
Yield: 8 - 12 Snowballs
INCI Ingredient Label: Propylene Glycol, Sorbitol, Water, Sodium Stearate, Glycerin, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium Myristate, Disodium Lauryl sulfosuccinate, Sodium Laurate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Chloride, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Fragrance Triethanolamine, Titanium Dioxide, Diazolidinyl Urea (and) Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Acrylates Copolymer
- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- Place a cookie sheet on your work surface area.
- Weigh 30 oz. of Three Butter Plus MP soap base. Cut up into chunks and place in large pyrex cup.
- Place a glass bowl on a scale and tare to zero. Add Foaming Bath Whip until it reaches 15 oz.
- In a plastic beaker, measure 25 mls. (5 tsps.) of Jack Frost Fragrance oil. To this, add 12.5 mls. (2.5 tsps.) of the Vanilla Color Stabilizer. Mix well. Allow to sit for 2 minutes. NOTE: If stabilizer is in solid form, place in hot water to bring back to liquid state. Will solidify under 68°F.
- Heat Three Butter Plus MP soap in microwave until soap has completely melted. Remove and stir to be sure it has all melted.
- To the melted soap, add the Foaming Bath Whip. Stir to help the whip melt into the soap. The Foaming Bath Whip does not have to be completely melted.
- Add the fragrance oil mixture and stir well.
- Continue to stir mixture occasionally until it starts to harden.
- Using gloved hands, scoop out a small size ball and roll in your hands to create a snowball. We made our snowballs about 1.75"-2" wide.
- Set snowball on cookie sheet to harden.
- You will want to work quickly to form the snowballs before the soap mixture hardens completely. If it does, place in microwave and heat very briefly.
- When all snowballs have been made, let completely set up. As the tops begin to harden, turn them over so that the bottom of the ball hardens as well. Round out the snowball if it has a flat bottom.
- Snowballs may take about 24 hours to completely harden.
- Once they have hardened, sprinkle lightly with Iridescent Super Sparkle Glitter.
- Package as desired and enjoy!
Wholesale Supplies Plus is not responsible for the products you create
from our supplies. You alone are responsible for product and recipe
testing to ensure compatibility and safety.