- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- Measure out 0.50 ounces of fragrance oil and 0.25 ounces of Vanilla Color Stabilizer and mix together. Set aside.
- Weigh 13.5 ounces of Extra Clear Soap base and cut up into chunks. Place in a large glass pyrex cup.
- Heat in microwave in 30 second intervals until soap has melted. Remove and stir.
- Add 3 drops of Stained Glass Apple Red Liquid Color and 4 drops of Stained Glass Santa Red Liquid color and mix.
- Add 6 ml. of the stabilized fragrance oil to the red soap and stir well to incorporate.
- Pour soap into the loaf mold and let it harden.
- While the soap is setting up, measure out 7 ounces of soap. This is for the top of the loaf. Cut or mince the soap into small squares so it looks like pieces of ice.
- Weigh and cut up 13.5 ounces of soap and place in glass pyrex cup. Heat in microwave until soap has melted.
- Add 3 drops of Stained Glass Lemon Yellow Liquid Color and 6 ml. of the stabilized fragrance oil to the soap. Stir to incorporate.
- The soap should not be poured hotter than 130°F. Spritz the top of the red layer generously with rubbing alcohol to help the layers stick together. Pour the yellow soap over the red. Let soap set up.
- Weigh another 13.5 oz. of soap and melt in microwave. Add 3 drops of Stained Glass Ocean Blue to melted soap along with 6 ml. of the stabilized fragrance oil.
- Spritz the yellow soap generously with rubbing alcohol and pour the blue soap into the mold. Leave 1 ounce of soap in pyrex cup for later.
- Let the blue layer harden for about 15 minutes so it has a thick skin on the top.
- Spritz all of your clear chunks with alcohol and add your small pieces of clear soap to the top. You should use up the majority of the soap chunks.
- Once the chunks of soap have been placed on top, drizzle the blue soap all over the top to help set the "ice" in place. Remelt the soap if it has hardened.
- Remove soap from mold once the soap has completely set up. Using our mitre box, if available, slice the loaf into 1 inch slices. Wrap tightly with clear plastic wrap.
- Label soap accordingly.